Senior Software Development Engineer in Test - Mobile
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to join the Engineering Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Role:
Honey's Quality Assurance members are in charge of ensuring the highest quality release of our products. As a Senior Software Developer in Test, we are looking for those that thrive in a startup environment who can contribute, build, and take ownership of automated testing for your teams products. For backend components or projects you will also be expected to own and manage the testing. In addition we expect you to help mentor QA Engineers on growing automation skills as well as contribute to improving the team process.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with your mission team to test Honey products, and own the testing for backend components related to your product
- Work closely with other QA Engineers and implement automation to increase test coverage
- Contribute Appium automation tests to automation framework
- Build tools or environments to support automated testing of your product
- Provide accurate time estimates for project components of moderate complexity
- Help improve quality assurance standards, techniques, and procedures
- Mentor the junior team members and host training sessions when needed
- Own the code repository and maintain high code quality
- 5+ years working as a Software Development Engineer in Test
- Strong programming and automation skills
- Experience testing Android and iOS mobile app is required
- From experience, comfortable creating test suites with minimal documentation for backend related testing
- Working experience with at least one object-oriented language, such as Java, Python, Scala, etc.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development Practices and Scrum methodologies
- Excellent analytical and testing skills
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.