Senior QA Data Automation Engineer
- Data Validation - Develop automated procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity of complex data exports and reports
- Test the ETL process and business logic that drives our in-app reporting features
- Define, develop, and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and perform other QA assessments for all data related code changes
- Develop automated tests using open source tools
- Configure and maintain test automation environments
- Create scripts, test sequences, and implement manual procedures to ensure proper test coverage
- Work closely with other QA team members to understand and validate upstream application changes and impacts on data, exports, and reports
- Work closely with Development, Product team and other organizations in the company to promote software quality standards
- Work closely with Customer Support to replicate customer issues and product field use cases
- Participate in test team activities including requirements analysis, test planning, tracking, reporting, and support of test cycles.
- Engage in test case execution including defect documentation and tracking, resolution support, and fix verification
- Extensive testing web services/APIs and databases.
- Broad experience designing and maintaining automated tests for whitebox and blackbox testing
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Knowledge of best practices for the Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC)
- Experience in platforms non-functional requirements and operating systems
- Experience in performance testing and/or security testing
- Experience working with large amounts of Data from a QA perspective.
- Experience testing batch / streaming ETL processes.
- Experience with libraries used to implement browser automation: Watir (preferred), Selenium, Capybara, etc.
- Working knowledge of JIRA or other issues and project tracking software.
- Experience with Git or other distributed revision control and source code management systems.