Senior Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer at Boom Supersonic
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:40 a.m. (MST) on Friday, May 8, 2020
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup building Mach-2.2 passenger airliners. Think Concorde but 75% more affordable to fly. Imagine a day trip from New York to London—3h15 each way. Fly to London for a business meeting and be home in time to tuck your children into bed. Boom's first prototype will rollout by summer of 2020.
Boom’s outstanding team comes from places like Amazon, SpaceX, Scaled Composites, and Virgin Galactic. Team members have collectively contributed to 40+ new air and space vehicles, including the Falcon 9, Virgin SpaceShipTwo, and the Joint Strike Fighter.
The company is backed by venture capital firms including Emerson Collective, Y Combinator, Caffeinated Capital, and SV Angel as well as individuals including Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Ron Conway, Michael Marks, and Greg McAdoo.
At Boom, you’ll have world-class colleagues and a flexible work environment. We don’t punch a clock, offer unmetered vacation time, and value our employees’ comprehensive well-being.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
The primary responsibility is to support the design engineering team with design for manufacturing principles through various lenses including composites fabrication, machining, assembly and service. Specific tasks will include design review support, major aircraft component supplier management and support, internal manufacturing process development, ownership and coordination of the aircraft build and integration plan.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a manufacturing engineer or similar role
- In depth knowledge of composites fabrication and manufacturing of metallic components
- Fully competent in interpretation of drawings
- Demonstrated proficiency of ASME Y14.5 GD&T standards
- Experience in production quality systems
- Proficient user of CAD in support of designing fixtures and tooling for manufacturing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
It would be great if you had
- Hands on working knowledge of laser tracker and measurement arm systems
- Hands on experience with some or all of the following skill sets: metal fabrication, machining and assembly of metallic components,fabrication and assembly of composite components, electrical system installation and troubleshooting
- Experience supporting the built of experimental aircraft
Degrees and Certifications
- An undergraduate degree in a technical field or equivalent experience is required
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description