Senior Java Engineer
Vendavo powers the shift to digital business for the world’s most demanding B2B companies, unlocking value, growing margin and accelerating revenue. With the Vendavo Commercial Excellence platform, companies develop dynamic customer insights and optimal pricing strategies that maximize margin, boost sales effectiveness and improve customer experience. With an annual margin improvement totaling more than $2.5 billion across companies in chemicals, distribution, high-tech and manufacturing, Vendavo delivers cutting-edge analytics and deep industry expertise that help companies stay one step ahead. As we continue to change the way business gets done, we’re looking for energetic, experienced, and talented professionals to join our team. Our core values of Promises Made, Promises Kept, Results Matter, Easy and Enjoyable, Innovative Wisdom and Celebration of Community help us create a collaborative team mindset and better place to work.
As Vendavo expands into new product and market segments, we are looking for highly skilled backend engineers to work on the development of our SaaS products. We are designing on public cloud infrastructure. In this key software development role, you will be part of the team that enables Vendavo to enter a new phase of growth!
As a Senior Sofware Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to the functional and technical architecture of our SaaS products, ingesting & transforming large data sets within constraints of optimal hardware and response time requirements.
- Take ownership of assigned services and work independently.
- Collaborate with the technical team and other stakeholders within the organization to drive product requirements and define and track dependencies, designing efficient software that can scale and perform to our customers’ expectations.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years’ experience in services development, including enterprise-scale systems
- Deep expertise with Java
- Groovy, Kotlin, and Spring experience preferred
- Experience analyzing requirements to determine technical design
- Experience creating automated tests and building in a continuous integration environment
- Understanding of REST and microservice architecture
- Proficiency with Git and command-line development tools
- Comfort working in an Agile, globally distributed team
- Ability to travel approximately 5%, including internationally
- Experience designing with both SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Experience developing for public cloud infrastructure (Amazon Web Services preferred, especially Lambda, Fargate, Step Functions, Glue)
- Experience using Kubernetes and Terraform
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
Why you will like working at Vendavo:
- Nothing’s more exciting than working at a dynamic, high potential, and growing organization.
- Working with a team of highly skilled and driven people with a desire to innovate.
- Super collaborative environment, where every opinion matters.
- Our drive to constantly innovate attracts the best and brightest talent.
- Opportunity to make a difference, excel personally and professionally and have fun!
- Full Employee Benefits.
- Great Company Benefits.
- Competitive Salary.
- Flexible working hours.