Senior Full Stack Web Engineer at AppThis
AppThis is an international mobile ad tech company focused on the global app ecosystem. Founded in early 2014 by two experienced tech entrepreneurs, the company has already delivered over 7 million app installs for global app developers. Our approach is technology and data first with an eye to deliver globally. We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Web Engineer to play a key role supporting the growth of the business by architecting and developing the core components of our technology platform and advertising products.
You will be joining a fun team of experienced engineers who have strong technical backgrounds and successful track records using cutting edge technology and data science for mobile advertising. The company culture is dynamic and fast-paced, empowering people to get shit done with no drama or politics. The engineering culture echoes that mentality with rapid, iterative release cycles and clear insight into how your work impacts revenue.
This position is heavily focused on building scalable platforms with a focus on revenue growth. We are currently serving billions of impressions annually and expect that to grow by multiple orders of magnitude.
- Architect and build real-time, targeted mobile ad serving platforms
- Design and manage end-to-end data process, including log loading, database architecture, rollups and reporting for high growth environment with > 10M impressions per day
- Develop critical components of the targeted mobile advertising platform
- Design and implement real-time, low latency ad exchange bidders
- Assist with implementation of machine learning, contextual and behavioral targeting algorithms
- Create web platforms for external partner reporting and internal tools and administration
- Help define platform and language choices using a “best tool for the job” mentality
- Mastery of at least one server-side scripting language, including some experience with PHP
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- 2-3 years of experience with large scale database systems (100M+ records)
- Experience coding in a multi-threaded language for a commercial project
- Experience developing in a linux environment, familiarity with Amazon Web Services preferred
- Thorough and diligent about writing excellent code and being responsible for your own bugs
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar technologies
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Massive attention to detail
- Experience coding in Java and/or Scala
- Experience working in the Internet Advertising Industry
What do we offer?
- Great salary and over compensation in line with your experience
- A rewarding career within a fast growing internationally start-up in mobile ad-tech
- Fun headquarters in the collaborative INDUSTRY building in Denver's RiNo district
- Fun team events and frequent free lunches and drinks
- Top notch benefits