Senior Front-End Engineer
Senior Front End Engineer
Maxwell is on a mission to transform the $8.5T residential mortgage market by reimagining how loan officers work together with borrowers to buy a home. Based in beautiful Denver, Colorado, Maxwell is a VC-funded, Techstars-backed company that empowers mortgage professionals by intelligently automating their workflow so the focus isn’t the paperwork, it’s the place to call home.
Who are we?
Maxwell was founded in 2015 by three friends who were fed up with the arduous process of getting a mortgage. We believe everyone who is buying a home deserves a delightful mortgage experience.
After speaking with hundreds of lenders, homebuyers and real estate agents, Maxwell was born as a solution to provide mortgage professionals a modern platform that transforms and enhances their workflow. Buying a home is one of the happiest, most fulfilling experiences of a person’s life. We help make the mortgage just as fun.
We also believe that doing well means also doing good: a portion of all of Maxwell’s revenues is dedicated to building homes for those who need them most in Haiti and El Salvador.
Who are you?
You are a seasoned senior front end engineer looking for a position where you’ll get to build delightful customer experiences in partnership with our product management and design teams. As a senior member of the team, you will help steer the product’s future. You will also mentor our team of talented technologists and work closely with our product team.
You’ll be an integral part of our product team which is design and frontend engineering combined. You’ll also use your experience to inform our engineering processes and decisions when building new features, enhancing existing functionality, and ensure the availability of the customer experience platform.
Be prepared to...
- Prioritize and then Execute. We focus on training our engineers to thoughtfully make an impact everyday and over the long term.
- Be a teammate people trust and enjoy working with. We focus on building an inclusive work environment where everyone’s voice is heard, respected and encouraged.
- Grow yourself and others. Be an active learner. We focus on training our engineers to be experts, mentors and leaders.
At Maxwell we are striving to build a product development organization which:
- Delivers delightful products by reliably and quickly producing high quality systems.
- Is full of teammates people trust and love working with.
- Is highly capable and competent across multiple domains and technologies.
- Can gracefully make tradeoffs against multiple conflicting constraints.
- Aggressively overcomes obstacles to deliver amazing results.
- Delivers delightful, valuable, and trustworthy experiences to our customers and partners.
- Focuses on learning and improving it’s team members skills and abilities.
- Enables its members to be long term successful engineers and technologists.
- Has a vibrant culture and evidence based practices (Lean/Agile/DevOps practices).
- Can deliver the solutions needed today (APIs, SaaS Mortgages, Integrations, Cloud Tech) and tomorrow (ML, Big Data).
WHAT IS OUR STACK?
- We are a typical Ruby on Rails stack with React on the frontend.
- Back-end: Ruby on Rails (Rails 4.x)
- Databases/Datastores: Postgres, Redis, Memcache
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS, Lambdas, SQS, and more.
- Domains: APIs, Microservice Architecture, Monitoring/Telemetry, Scaled Architectures
WHAT YOU GET
An opportunity to be a key part of an agile team of thinkers and doers collaborating to help people complete complex financial transactions with elegant solutions. We offer meaningful equity at an early stage company, a competitive salary, top-tier medical, dental and vision insurance, and generous vacation time.