This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer. This role will help define common infrastructure, automate and streamline processes to increase developer velocity, and work collaboratively with other teams to deploy and operate our systems.
We deploy our code into environments such as AWS. We use tools like Splunk, CloudFormation, DataDog, Github Actions, and VictorOps to ensure our systems are healthy. Experience with those is a plus but familiarity with other similar tools and environments work for us! We look for engineers that build with simplicity, scalability, reliability, and reusability in mind.
As Senior DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with engineering teams on compliance and security-related efforts.
- Create and contribute to common tooling to increase developer productivity.
- Share knowledge and feedback across teams and stakeholders.
- Lead infrastructure efforts with your team and stakeholders.
- In addition to working on the DevOps team, you will collaborate with engineers, PMs, and leaders across the organization.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience applying DevOps practices in a professional setting, using agile methods.
- Excellent cross-team communication skills.
- Familiarity with cloud-based environments such as AWS.
- Knowledge of containers and orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm.
- Expertise with infrastructure as code tools such as CloudFormation, CDK, or Terraform.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools such as Github Actions or CircleCI.
- Basic scripting ability with Bash or other languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Expertise in defining and building common, reusable practices across multiple teams -- logging, CI/CD, alerting and monitoring, and security.
- Amazon AWS Certified.
- Familiarity with AWS lambda and container-based systems.
- Strong networking and security fundamentals.
- Experience with datastores like Postgresql.
- A passion for improving developer productivity through automation and process improvement.
- Demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies.
- Willingness to embrace change and work within a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for higher education and our mission.
- Well-versed with information security tools and best practices. Bonus points if you have operated in an environment that has implemented or maintained compliance with standards such as SOC II.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $145,000 - $171,250 , as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.]