At Pie we are pioneering a new approach to insurance. As a rapidly growing insurtech startup, we are disrupting an industry that is ripe for change. We focus on small business, and each Pie-oneer has the opportunity to help small business owners achieve their dreams through accessible and affordable workers compensation coverage. Pie has an inclusive, values-driven culture, where hard working self-motivated team members have limitless growth opportunities.
As a DevSecOps Engineer, you will be responsible for managing and operating the cloud environment. At Pie Insurance, we treat all aspects of our infrastructure as code. You will write scripts and create templates for automating all aspects of operations. Your focus is centered on automation, security, configuration, documentation, optimization, and operational support.
How You’ll Do It
We are looking for a talented DevSecOps Engineer who has a passion for security and DevOps to scale our platform in a rapidly growing organization. Pie Engineers are innovative, driven by engineering excellence. Rapid problem-solving is one of your core competencies. You’ll be collaborating with other world-class engineers to drive automation, leverage our analytics, and create awe-inspiring user experiences. The systems you develop will be large and must be highly resilient. This is a dynamic startup environment; you must love working in a fast paced and rapidly evolving environment.
You will be joining our team in downtown Denver, specifically LoDo within walking distance from Union Station. Everything we do is connected: we need you to be a strong communicator and a doer.
The Right Stuff
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a similar quantitative field
- 5+ years in software development life cycle and demonstrated experience in software security testing, methodologies and frameworks
- Understanding of common software and web application security vulnerabilities
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure and architecture
- Expertise implementing static and dynamic analysis tools, open source scanning tools and integrating security into a CI/CD pipeline at scale
- Expertise in application development frameworks, build systems and ability to integrate tools into the CI infrastructure
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Octopus, TeamCity, AWS CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, CodeBuild.
- Expert knowledge and experience working with AWS infrastructure and services
- Experience working with containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, Fargate)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (CloudFormation, Terraform, helm)
- Experience with observability tools for application monitoring and system diagnostics (Prometheus, AWS Cloudwatch, AWS X-Ray, ELK stack)
- Nice to have: Certified AWS Solutions Architect – Assoc.
- Competitive Salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Take-as-you-need PTO – Salaried
- 3 weeks paid vacation – Hourly
- 7 days of paid sick leave – Hourly
- Commute Allowance
- 401k Match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Generous Parental Leave
Pie is a place where you can build a career while making a real impact on our company and the small businesses we serve. When you join Pie, you join a team of people who truly care about our customers and the work they do. If you are energized by a high-growth, fast-paced environment and are looking to do meaningful work, we want to hear from you!
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie Insurance Raises $45M Series B