Senior DevOps Engineer
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As the Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be expected to architect, plan, implement, operate and document infrastructure related systems that align the business and IT objectives. The projects for this position will mostly center around Microsoft & Amazon Web Services core systems but a working knowledge of networking is a must. The position requires strong communications skills with cross functional teams, global team members, business units and IT management. The engineer must have experience in implementing large scale global projects, creating requirements and scope documents, creating architecture and operations guide documentation, presentation skills, developing communications plans, transitioning operational tasks after steady state, training, experience with SaaS & IaaS implementations, creating DR plans, setting up monitoring, vendor management, and experience with solution frameworks. We are looking for someone who has a passion to learn new technologies and to think outside the box to enhance innovation.
What’s needed in order to do that:
As a key member of our team, the AWS Cloud Engineer will work with development teams and other DevOps engineers to solve critical issues while improving customer experience. Other responsibilities include:
- Build and support templated Infrastructure and common deployment methods.
- Design, development, and testing of features delivered as applications and/or services.
- Investigate and contribute to solving issues in production environments.
- Provide collaborative conduit between various technical and non-technical teams.
- Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services.
- Build effective DevOps services, processes, and tooling.
- On call responsibilities (one weekly rotation, every 3-4 weeks)
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Mathematics
- Minimum of 7 years of software or infrastructure engineering experience
- Minimum of 4 years of AWS technology delivery experience
- AWS Certified highly desired
- 'Make-it-happen' attitude, the innate capacity for ownership and timely delivery of results in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise with AWS cloud platform technologies such as API Gateway, Lambda, RDS,EC2, S3, ELB, VPN, CloudWatch, SQS, SES, S3, Cognito, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, etc…
- Expertise with Azure DevOps, Terraform, CloudFormation, Powershell, JSON, YAML, GIT
- Experience with SAML and Single Sign On technologies
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Redhat
- Expertise with LDAP, Winbind, Realm
- Expertise with hosted, spit DNS, including Route 53 and Active Directory DNS.
- Expertise with SSL certificates
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Experience with following change management process
- Create DR plans and ensure ongoing disaster recovery capability
- Experience with creating requirements and scope documents, creating architecture and operations guide documentation
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.