Senior Developer (Typed-Functional Programming Focus) at SALT
SALT offers crypto-backed loans and a suite of technology solutions for individuals and businesses including wallet management and monitoring. We provide the technology, infrastructure, and tools that make it easy for crypto holders, blockchain businesses, and traditional institutions to participate in the blockchain economy and get the most out of their crypto assets.
What you will do:
- Write web services to support the automation and scaling of our business using Haskell.
- Invent solutions around the blockchain of our supported currencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and others added all the time
- Work in an ever evolving micro-service architecture
- Collaborate closely on agile teams of designers, developers, and product managers to build new features and applications.
- Write automated tests around your code and leverage type checkers for maximal reliability.
- Research and educate the team on new technologies, from theoretical blockchain features to third party integrations.
- A proven history of writing scalable, modular, and resilient code.
- Excitement and drive to learn new technologies.
- Extensive experience in a typed-functional programming language (Haskell, Scala, Purescript, etc.)
- A working knowledge of AWS.
- Interest in helping to develop less experienced team members.
- Respect for quality assurance and the ability to write robust integration and unit tests.
- Understanding of Bitcoin and Ethereum fundamentals, e.g...
- What is the purpose of mining?
- How is consensus enforced?
- How is Bitcoin sent from one address to another?
- How does this differ from Ethereum?
- Familiarity with cryptographic primitives like hashing, macs, public-key cryptography.
- Excellent references and a history of trust in former careers
Job type: Full-time. Greater Denver Area. Relocation or remote-work will be considered for exceptional applicants.