Senior Developer (Backend Emphasis)
Join us in our heroic effort to reinvent finance for the blockchain era. In the heart of the Mile High City, you will work alongside a small team of talented and very passionate individuals to help construct a bleeding-edge, mission-critical, revolutionary technology that will be used by digital asset holders all over the world.
The SALT Lending platform is a unique integration of classical programming paradigms with the cutting edge of web development and blockchain engineering. We are looking for a seasoned professional who can deliver clean and efficient code according to established standards, but also a pioneer – someone who enjoys living at the frontier and is not afraid to challenge existing practices and techniques.
What you will do:
- Invent solutions around the blockchain of our supported currencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and others added all the time.
- Work in an ever evolving micro-service architecture.
- Collaborate closely on agile teams of designers, developers, and product managers to build new features and applications.
- Write automated tests around your code and leverage type checkers for maximal reliability.
- Research and educate the team on new technologies, from theoretical blockchain features to third party integrations.
What you have:
- A proven history of writing scalable, modular, and resilient code.
- Excitement and drive to learn new technologies.
- Extensive experience in at least one of our four (Typescript, JS, Haskell, Rust) major languages, and willingness to dive into the others as needed.
- Comfort and willingness to transition between front and back end.
- A working knowledge of AWS.
- Interest in helping to develop less experienced team members.
- Respect for quality assurance and the ability to write robust integration and unit tests.
- Understanding of Bitcoin and Ethereum fundamentals, e.g...
- What is the purpose of mining?
- How is Bitcoin sent from one address to another?
- How does this differ from Ethereum?
- Familiarity with cryptographic primitives like hashing, macs, PK-crypt.
- Excellent references and a history of trust in former careers
- The engineering team has an extremely flat organizational structure. Much like the consensus systems we work on, we’re governed in a very peer-to-peer manner.
- Planned and spontaneous learning opportunities: regularly held internal ‘Bitcoin Bookclub’, ‘Advanced Blockchain’, ‘Functional Programming’ book clubs; involvement in blockchain and React meetups; hackathons.
- Opportunity to experiment with new tools and bring your own input to the company vision.
- Company intramural sports teams, ‘Culture Committee’, and company outings.
- Strong feedback loops and consistent 1:1s with your engineering manager.
- Brand new machines, sitting-standing desks, and mountain views.
- New office in the heart of Downtown Denver with quick access to I-25, I-70 and Light Rail.
- Walking distance to top restaurants, Union Station, and major sports venues.
- Excellent benefits package with 401k matching, paid medical, dental and vision--employee and immediate family.
- Catered lunches, stocked kitchen with snacks, and the occasional company-sponsored happy hour.
- Company paid parking downtown or commuter pass of your choice.
Job type: Full-time. Must be in Greater Denver Area or willing to relocate at your own expense.