Senior Developer (Backend Emphasis) at SALT
Join us in our heroic effort to reinvent finance for the blockchain era. In the heart of the Mile High City, you will work alongside a small team of talented and very passionate individuals to help construct a bleeding-edge, mission-critical, revolutionary technology that will be used by digital asset holders all over the world.
The SALT Lending platform is a unique integration of classical programming paradigms with the cutting edge of web development and blockchain engineering. We are looking for a seasoned professional who can deliver clean and efficient code according to established standards, but also a pioneer – someone who enjoys living at the frontier and is not afraid to challenge existing practices and techniques.
What you will do:
- Invent solutions around the blockchain of our supported currencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and others added all the time.
- Work in an ever evolving micro-service architecture.
- Collaborate closely on agile teams of designers, developers, and product managers to build new features and applications.
- Write automated tests around your code and leverage type checkers for maximal reliability.
- Research and educate the team on new technologies, from theoretical blockchain features to third party integrations.
What you have:
- A proven history of writing scalable, modular, and resilient code.
- Excitement and drive to learn new technologies.
- Extensive experience in at least one of our four (Typescript, JS, Haskell, Rust) major languages, and willingness to dive into the others as needed.
- Comfort and willingness to transition between front and back end.
- A working knowledge of AWS.
- Interest in helping to develop less experienced team members.
- Respect for quality assurance and the ability to write robust integration and unit tests.
- Understanding of Bitcoin and Ethereum fundamentals, e.g...
- What is the purpose of mining?
- How is Bitcoin sent from one address to another?
- How does this differ from Ethereum?
- Familiarity with cryptographic primitives like hashing, macs, PK-crypt.
- Excellent references and a history of trust in former careers
- The engineering team has an extremely flat organizational structure. Much like the consensus systems we work on, we’re governed in a very peer-to-peer manner.
- Planned and spontaneous learning opportunities: regularly held internal ‘Bitcoin Bookclub’, ‘Advanced Blockchain’, ‘Functional Programming’ book clubs; involvement in blockchain and React meetups; hackathons.
- Opportunity to experiment with new tools and bring your own input to the company vision.
- Company intramural sports teams, ‘Culture Committee’, and company outings.
- Strong feedback loops and consistent 1:1s with your engineering manager.
- Brand new machines, sitting-standing desks, and mountain views.
- New office in the heart of Downtown Denver with quick access to I-25, I-70 and Light Rail.
- Walking distance to top restaurants, Union Station, and major sports venues.
- Excellent benefits package with 401k matching, paid medical, dental and vision--employee and immediate family.
- Catered lunches, stocked kitchen with snacks, and the occasional company-sponsored happy hour.
- Company paid parking downtown or commuter pass of your choice.
Job type: Full-time. Must be in Greater Denver Area or willing to relocate at your own expense.