Senior Database Developer
HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List are part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), where we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 10 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Golden, CO. This role will sit in our Golden office and will move when we open our new office in central Denver (RiNo Arts District) in late 2018. All applicants must be eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
HomeAdvisor’s Database Development team is growing! We’re seeking a Senior Database Developer to join our small yet mighty team of developers. Our team is responsible for supporting a growing team of application developers by ensuring that our database layer is stable and scalable. In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Translating application requirements into efficient data storage and retrieval.
- Writing DDL, DML and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Working closely with our product and QA people to deliver features in an Agile development environment.
Why we think you'll like working here:
- HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation - a homeowner turns to us every second for help.
- Our environment is dynamic and energetic, and our employees have voted us to the Denver Post's list of Top Workplaces for 6 years running.
- You have a direct impact on our customer experience every single day.
- We're not afraid to make mistakes and figure out how we can be better in time for the next release.
Experience we’re seeking:
- Solid knowledge of at least one RDBMS. Oracle RDBMS is preferred but experience with other SQL/relational databases will be considered.
- Proficient in writing complex SQL queries and understanding the fundamentals of query tuning.
- Solid experience with data modeling and design. This job requires the ability to work with application developers to design data models that persist data in a way consistent with our standards.
- Proactive and able to handle assigned tasks independently.
- The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with key business partners to understand their requirements.
- Proof of taking ownership in previous jobs and projects will be expected.
- The ability to understand and think through abstract problems and contribute innovative development solutions.
Experience that will earn you bonus points:
- Experience with NOSQL database technologies will be a plus.
- Experience with Oracle 11g or 12c.
- Experience with Java programming will be a plus.
- Familiarity with Toad and/or SQL Developer.
Travel Required: No.
High School or better.
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
Solid knowledge of at least one RDBMS. Oracle RDBMS (11g or 12c) is preferred but experience with other SQL/relational databases will be considered.
Proficient in writing complex SQL queries and understanding the fundamentals of query tuning.
Solid experience with data modeling and design
NOSQL database technologies is a plus
Java programming is a plus
Toad/SQL Developer is a plus
If you’re interested in exploring this role with us, apply today! If you have questions prior to applying, you can register to chat one-on-one with one of our recruiters by visiting http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us. This isn’t an interview or requirement of an interview – it’s a chance for you to learn more!