Senior Data Engineer at Edison Software
Come help us and our customers learn about the world. Below is a small sample of the questions we’ve asked of our data over the last year.
- Did Lyft’s prospects improve in politically progressive areas in the aftermath of Uber’s press woes?
- Is Amazon’s revenue growth in the fourth quarter primarily driven by customers in rural areas?
- How did the path of the solar eclipse affect hotel bookings across the United States?
With industry leading companies using insights gleaned from our data to understand how purchase and travel behavior is changing in America, the ability to marshall the volume and complexity of our data is paramount.
As the key engineer on the data science team, you will be responsible for scaling our operations for deep internal analysis and customer deliveries to handle the next stage of growth while prioritizing data security and user privacy. You will help design, implement, and maintain the infrastructure on which our data move. You will develop predictive modeling pipelines for scientists and data models that enable non-technical colleagues to ask questions of our data. You identify and vet new technologies that will help us ingest and transform data.
You are deeply curious and are passionate about building tools that become vital. You creatively work through problems and have the natural itch to follow obstacles to their root cause. You are expert at building data products that empower users. You think deeply about the problems ahead and are comfortable moving between tools in your toolbelt. And you are quick to learn, implementing new approaches when facing questions that demand it.
You relish the opportunity to take ownership of challenges. You are passionate about helping others make sense of data and are excited to shape our long term data strategy. You are a strong advocate for data best practices within the company.
- Experience designing, building, and deploying data workflows from scratch
- Expertise in Python, the Hadoop ecosystem (we use Spark), and database management
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience
- Excited by a high learning curve
- Excellent written and oral communicator
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
- Stock grants pre-IPO at a company backed by top investors
- Take unlimited, responsible vacation
Edison provides intelligent email solutions for users and competitive intelligence for businesses. The largest, most valuable and as yet untapped data on earth is in mail; 3x larger than the worldwide web. Through our user base of more than 3 million users, we empower investors, brands, and technology companies to understand trends in the marketplace and gain deep insights into consumer behavior patterns.
As a team, we’re collaborative, engaged, and committed to continually improving as we serve our mission. None of us are on an island-- we trust our teammates to lend a hand when we’re stuck and our egos take a backseat to figuring out the best approach to tackling problems. We’re energized by tough problems and are excited to know that a challenge ahead of us does not have a textbook solution. Finally, we’re always in a posture of learning-- there is a lot we do not know but that does not hold us back from making an attempt at solutions. We lead thorough blameless postmortems to become better analysts, scientists, and leaders.