Senior Cloud Engineer
The Cloud Engineer will work as part of a technical team of professionals who are responsible for architectural design, migration, and deployment of a suite of applications to a sustainable AWS based infrastructure to meet business requirements and more quickly expand globally. The Cloud Engineer is also responsible to collaborate in cross-functional design and planning activities.
This role will be responsible for understanding all aspects of migrating applications from data centers to AWS along with best security standards and practices, keeping current with trends and emerging technologies, and providing guidance on standards that drive down risk and drive up quality and performance.
Beyond migration of existing products, the Cloud Engineer will evaluate application implementation, functionality, and architecture. The Cloud Engineer will help drive to solutions more suited to cloud-based infrastructure.
- 5-7 years of experience in software development
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, Node.js, Python, or Perl
- Professional experience building and deploying code in AWS
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Deep hands-on experience in the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
- Current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology
- Experience with implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
- Experience with Terraform and/or Chef Provisioning
- Experience with service-based architecture, RESTful services and building scalable micro-services
- Experience with Linux systems administration in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Experience with Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (e.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Perl).
- Experience with development of highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web software deployments.
- Experience with compliance and risk management requirements (e.g. security, privacy, SSAE, PCI, HIPAA)
- Experience with management of data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (e.g. EC2, ALB, RDS, S3, Aurora and Route53).
- Knowledge of Web standards, protocols and secure communications
- Knowledge of data security and data privacy best practices, and their implementation into software solutions
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Strong sense of ownership, initiative and the ability to accept and mitigate risks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a wide range of audiences including technologists, executives, business stakeholders and IT team members.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems both independently or within a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to use a personal computer. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience