Senior Cloud Engineer
At CSG, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing engineers to help support and evolve our cloud computing platform. The Senior Cloud Engineer will work as part of a highly technical team of professionals who are responsible for all architectural design, development and deployment of cost effective and sustainable infrastructures to meet business requirements. The Senior Cloud Engineer is also responsible to collaborate in cross-functional design and planning activities to ensure applications and services security, compliance, availability, and operational requirements are identified and supported.
This role will be responsible for understanding security standards and best practices, keeping current with trends and emerging technologies, and providing guidance and direction to the various development and business groups on standards that drive down risk and drive up quality and performance.
· At least 5 or more years of IT implementation experience
· Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within an environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
· Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
· Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SSAE, PCI, HIPAA etc.)
· Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3).
· Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
· Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments.
· Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell).
· Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet, SaltStack, etc.
· Strong practical Linux or Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
· Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred