Security Operations Analyst
Small business makes the world go round – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
The Security Team plays a massive part in this and we are looking for a Security Operations Analyst in our Denver office to help detect and investigate security incidents and concerns affecting Xero and our customers.
About the role
As a Security Operations Analyst you will work with internal Xero teams and 3rd party security service providers to monitor, detect and respond to events impacting the security of Xero and its customers. You will be responsible for:
- Investigating and analysing customer security concerns and incidents, actual or suspected. While working with customer service and other internal Xero teams to provide appropriate responses to customers.
- Security Incident Response investigations.
- Perform root cause analysis and recommend security improvements to prevent recurrence. Track and escalate such tasks to ensure improvements are implemented in a timely manner.
- Contribute to defining requirements to meet operational security needs, such as security event logging and monitoring agent implementation/maintenance.
- Work with other members of Security to ensure operational security standards are communicated and met across Xero.
- Define and build tools to automate and continuously improve the efficiency of threat detection, alerting and response.
- Raise awareness among product team members from other disciplines about security operations and operational concerns as a key consideration of product development.
As the next Security Operations Analyst at Xero you will have previous experience in an operational security role and enjoy working as part of a team. You will be someone who takes ownership of their work, shows initiative through effective problem solving skills and has the ability to clearly communicate ideas and recommendations to a variety of people with varied Security and/or technical knowledge. Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) will also be an advantage in this role.
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, foster innovation and reward success.
If you want to come to work with friends every single day and help to make Xero even more special, please apply!