Outrider is a software company that is automating distribution yards with electric, self-driving trucks. Our system eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive while it improves safety and efficiency. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation. We are a private company founded in 2018 and backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. Our customers are Fortune 200 companies and our autonomous trucks are already running in distribution yards. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Robotics Software Support Engineer position will report to the Lead Software Engineer, Behavior & Sustainment and will support software based triaging, bug fixes and feature implementation for Outrider’s autonomous vehicle software stack. This position requires software experience, specifically with C++ and python, critical thinking, attention to detail, ability to learn in unstructured environments.
Duties & Key Objectives
- Perform triaging for software based issues reported by field and support teams
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and bug fixes for various software components of autonomous vehicle systems
- Design and implement tooling for robotics and autonomy applications
- 1-3 year(s) professional C++ software experience
- Undergraduate degree in CS/CE/EE or related field
- Exposure to ROS or other middleware
- Exposure to Git
- Strong communication skills
- Masters degree in CS/CE/EE or related field
- Professional experience with ROS or other middleware
- Familiarity with Linux command line
- Experience with Python
- Exposure to Docker
Compensation & benefits
- Salary range of $110,000 - $130,000. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.