Robotics Software Engineer at Outrider
Azevtec (Autonomous, Zero-Emission Vehicle Technologies) is automating 'first-mile' trucking. We simplify how large enterprises ship goods—our robotic systems automate repetitive vehicle movement and manual tasks in the world’s busiest freight-shipping hubs to enhance operational performance, reduce costs, and improve safety.
Azevtec is a rapidly growing, Series-A company founded to drive the adoption of sustainable transportation and deploy autonomous vehicles responsibly.
The Robotic Software Engineer will report to the Manager of Robotic Systems and support the development of proprietary hardware products that automate manual tasks performed in busy freight shipping environments.
This position requires strong algorithm and robotic software development and engineering skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for software and robotic system design for autonomous vehicle features that redefine large enterprise supply chains and boast safe, error-free, and effective operational performance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, build, test, and ship modules for perception driven robotic manipulation functionality
- Develop algorithms, robotic software modules and libraries with responsibility for the full software engineering lifecycle: requirements, design, source code implementation, unit test, integration, and system test
- Assist with the recruitment of new engineering talent
- Undertake business travel as necessary to support product development and customer deployments
- Support product deployment, system maintenance, and
- Contribute generally to the growth and success of the company and the building of a vibrant culture focused on the responsible deployment of zero-emission autonomous vehicle technology
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical/electronics engineering, and/or mechanical engineering
- C++ experience – either professionally or via academic coursework
- Experience with ROS-based software development for robotic systems
- Executing sensor selection, processing, and/or analysis to feed robotic perception pipelines
- Working in a Linux environment and targeting embedded deployment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and able to work effectively within a team
- Sterling references
- Advanced degree (Master's/Ph.D.) in computer science, computer engineering, electrical/electronics engineering, and/or mechanical engineering
- Experience with robotics software engineering, autonomous vehicle systems, robotic perception, manipulation systems, computer vision, and/or planning and controls
- Demonstrated proficiency with robotic perception and/or manipulation motion planning
- Integration of libraries/frameworks such as, MoveIt, OpenCV, the Point Cloud Library (PCL), and similar packages
- Usage of software engineering support tools, such as CMake, continuous integration packages, the Google test framework and others
- Python experience – either professionally or via academic coursework
- Prior use of Git for software version control
- Experience with sockets programming (TCP, UDP)
- Implementation of Graphical User Interface (GUI) toolkits to generate engineering interfaces, dashboards, and tools