Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Autonomous Vehicle (AV) Reliability Test Engineer will report to the Director of Test Engineering and will be responsible for executing a new Reliability test program designed by the Reliability Test Lead from the ground-up to accelerate learnings in Reliability, Durability, Serviceability and more, on the entire Outrider system or its subsystems, which include: Electric Vehicle (EV) platform, AV sensors and compute, robotic trailer-connect arm, and V2I infrastructure.
This position plays an essential role in helping deliver a safety-critical system for industrial automation. The opportunity offers a very talented, self-starting engineer the chance to help develop a market-defining enterprise product that combines autonomous vehicle technology with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model.
The ideal candidate will embrace our goal to drive zero-emission, self-driving vehicle adoption, and help us realize our potential to define, build, and lead a new, category of robotic automation for the enterprise.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, organize and conduct system tests to verify and validate the reliability performance and safety characteristics of the entire system, including Software, Robotic Arm, EV truck and Autonomous Vehicle sensor suite.
- Architect and implement test plans and procedures on a variety of Reliability tests including Cold/Hot Weather performance, Endurance and Durability.
- Lead day-to-day test activities by working hands-on with the test technicians at the trucks.
- Conduct detailed root-cause analysis on issues found during test using common problem solving methods, and document all findings in JIRA.
- Develop data analysis scripts and visualization tools to quickly extract key learnings and trends from the Reliability testing.
- Effectively communicate test results and issues to the Reliability Test Lead and peers on the Engineering teams.
- Drive and advise the Engineering teams on how to approach and implement strong, testable Software and System requirements based on learnings from testing.
- Embody a "Safety Steward" mindset - hold all persons accountable for safety on test trucks, equipment and area, and proactively propose safety improvements.
- Work with the team to understand and prioritize test exceptions and help drive toward a product that meets all customer, business, and technical expectations.
- Domestic travel as needed to perform field work, training, or customer support (up to 20%)
- 2 or more years' experience testing Reliability or Durability of robotic systems, autonomous vehicles, or automotive products
- Experience leading day-to-day activities of test technicians and operators
- Proven capability in problem-solving complex systems, software or robotics
- Experience with the software development life cycle, modern software/hardware/system testing methods, and continuous integration
- BS or MS in Engineering or Computer Science or a similar discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, curious mindset
- Sterling references
- Experience with autonomous trucks or other automated distribution yard products
- Experience with Jenkins, JIRA and Confluence
- Experience in ROS
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Comfortable with Linux and command-line interface