Quality Engineer - APIs at Motive Retail
Motive Retail is passionate about building industry standards-based, tightly integrated trading partner communities that help all participants succeed. We're doing this today in automotive, collision and construction industries, and our customers are household names from around the world. You will be a principal participant in a small, high-performing team executing an efficient Agile/Scrum product development process with responsibility for planning, creating, and executing test cases to ensure prompt delivery of high-quality software. You will work closely with developers, product owners, and managers to assist in the design of the software. This position includes both manual and automated testing, with a strong emphasis on helping to build the test automation for the product.
- Participate in user story creation and in defining acceptance criteria.
- Prepare and execute test plans.
- Be actively involved in sprint planning.
- Use testing tools for defect tracking and issue resolution (Atlassian).
- Perform regression, load/stress, and performance testing.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Investigate and recommend process improvements and be an active participant in regular retrospective meetings.
- Troubleshoot issues in our testing environments.
- Document test efforts and results, and communicate them with project stakeholders, management, developers, and QA team as required.
Personal Characteristics Required:
- Strong analytical and investigative skills; detail orientation
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Excellent communication skills and a strong inclination for documentation
- Initiative - Self-starter with excellent follow-through skills
- Eagerness to learn quickly and thoroughly
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and tasks
- Self-discipline in time management skills and task prioritization
- Ability to work independently as well as work effectively with team members
- 3+ years’ experience as a QA, SDET or automation engineer
- 1-3 years working with test automation tools
- Proficient with an IDE (preferably VSCode, Eclipse or IntelliJ)
- Experience working with Agile development tools (preferably Jira)
- Experience testing REST APIs and SOAP/XML web services
- Experience with API testing tools such as Gatling or JMeter is desirable
- Working experience with software delivery in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with API and web service testing tools like Postman and SOAP UI
- Working knowledge of Swagger / OAS / JSON Schema / XSD and WSDL
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year