What are we looking for?
- Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
- Compensation: $70K - $80K
- Reports To: Engineering Manager
We are looking for an experienced quality assurance engineer to provide analysis and testing, including automation and scalability testing of mobile and desktop applications. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset to write top-notch code in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
Who are you?
You have a passion for software quality that goes beyond just identifying bugs and ensures the product meets written and unwritten requirements, is consistent, is well designed, and is a delight to use. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are flexible in adapting to change. Innovation and start-up culture are in your blood. You’re a problem solver; you make things happen and work with others to build constructive and effective relationships. You’re detail-oriented, rolling up your sleeves to make sure the job gets done. You have a high level of intellectual curiosity that reveals insights and implications, and you use that knowledge to think creatively about solutions.
You understand that while you’re deeply passionate about technology, technology without business results is worthless. You have an obsessive customer focus and know that it is important to get to market quickly, experiment, learn, adapt and iterate. You really understand what it means to deliver an MVP product and to provide a top-notch user experience. You have pride in your work and instill that pride in your team.
Importantly, you exemplify our core principles of transparency, honesty, clarity, accountability, and safety.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Execute quality assurance tests and document software defects.
- Assist with the adoption of testing automation and scalability testing.
- Assist in identifying and implementing areas of improvement for scale, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Create and maintain test cases, test data, test plans, and defect reports.
- Participate in early story development and design sessions to suggest and assist in acceptance criteria, boundary tests, automation plans.
- Identify, communicate and mitigate risks within each software release.
- Work closely with our Product, Sales, and Services teams to ensure we’re building the right product.
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Experience testing single-page applications, e.g., Vue.js (preferred), Angular, and React, is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with QA of SOAP and REST web services, including automation of both.
- Competent in using source code control systems such as svn or git and IDEs such as Eclipse.
- Highly competent with one or more Agile methodologies; Scrum and Kanban preferred.
- Solid knowledge of our technical ecosystem: Windows, Linux, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, including the ability to write and execute scripts and SQL.
- Must be willing to do manual testing as well as a desire to automate.
- 3+ years of software QA experience.
- 2+ years experience in a software automation framework.
- Expertise in QA principles related to testing plans, test cases, unit testing, integration testing, functional testing, performance testing, and load testing.
- 1+ years in scalability/load testing, using JMeter, BlazeMeter, loadUI, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior management as well as business stakeholders.
- Well organized.
- Strong ability to resolve conflicts constructively; a great attitude.