QA Test Engineer
Are you passionate about ‘software testing’? Are you looking for an ambitious new project to demonstrate and grow your digital testing skills? We are seeking an experienced QA Test Engineer that can join one of our agile teams who is highly experienced with manual and automated testing of web and mobile front end applications and who can demonstrate their testing of integrations with 3rd party software.
Who is American AgCredit?
Our mission is simple… Be the best lender to Agriculture. In order to deliver on that statement, we have the best people working for us. Headquartered in Santa Rosa, California, with offices throughout California, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada and Oklahoma, we have been serving all segments of the agricultural business for over 100 years!
Benefits offered by American AgCredit:
- Commitment to agriculture and our communities we serve
- Family friendly work environment Investment in employee growth, development and training
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Outstanding 401k – up to 9% matching!
- Generous Vacation Leave (starting at 15 days)
- 15 Paid Sick Days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Competitive Incentive Compensation Plan
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Employee fitness and wellness benefits.
- Free Soda, Coffee and Snacks!
The IT Systems Development team at American AgCredit is responsible for the development and integration of the Association’s enterprise application systems. This includes proprietary enterprise applications designed and deployed in-house as well as third-party applications hosted externally.
As part of the QA Testing team, the candidate will be responsible for software testing design, planning, automated scripting and execution for a variety of key customer-facing and internal applications.
The individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures and diverse technologies including digital. The individual will work closely with developers, project managers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. The individual should have a strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA lifecycle and methodology.
- Interact with development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives within Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Design and create test conditions and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Develop and lead the automation strategy/effort and generate scripts to perform automated testing cycles
- Execute and analyze automation test results.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using Azure DevOps or similar tools/means
- Support production deployment of applications and perform “validation testing” during the off-hours maintenance windows
Perform other functions as assigned.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science or BA with equivalent technical competency;
- Relevant work experience in development and/or testing role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical background and an understanding of the finance industry
- Knowledge and experience with relational database applications (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, and SQL Query language);
- Proven ability with automated testing tools, like Selenium, ReadyAPI, WinRunner, QTP, etc
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Must demonstrate a keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile approaches (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) to software testing
All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas for applicants.
Must have the ability to perform basic office tasks and sit at a desk for an extended period of time. Job requires extensive use of computers and phones. While performing the job, the employee is required to sit, crouch, kneel, crawl, reach and have the ability to lift up to 40 pounds. Ability to work with typical hardware and cabling practices required. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to adequately convey ideas and work well with a team. Ability to talk and hear, sit and use their hands and fingers, and reach in all directions is essential in performance of the job. Must be able to interact effectively with people at all levels of company. Work during established business hours and may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.