QA Manager (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve, join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DISH Business has experienced significant growth in the commercial market over the past few years and expects to continue growing, particularly with networking-related technologies in the form of Dish Fiber and OnStream. While exciting as we push new networking technologies, this adds complexity and challenges to our business. As a QA team manager, you'll be a key member of the DISH Business Product Operations Team focused on Quality assurance and test automation for a variety of new and legacy video and networking-related technologies. You do not need to be a video or a networking expert to join this growing team. Rather, we're looking for someone who is familiar with basic video, networking, and technical concepts and has the drive to learn more through diligent testing. If you like figuring out how products work in a fast paced environment, then this role is for you! leveraging this knowledge to provide test cases for a growing portfolio of Products from beta programs through end of life.
- Developing and executing the test cases and automation solutions for testing each DISH IP/DISH QAM software release candidate
- Work closely with DT Engineering on test results, raising bugs including adding prioritizations, tracking progress during weekly meetings and communicating with the department on timelines for resolutions
- Developing a beta program for field testing DISH IP/QAM software and communicating results with DT Engineering especially if any critical blockers surface
- Work in tandem with DT Engineering QA testers to ensure alignment on lab readiness, tests being performed, outcomes, etc. to ensure no gaps exist between what each side is responsible for and doing
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Strong Understanding of networking and the ability to troubleshoot a network preferred
- Server Administrator experience not required but preferred
- Ability to learn new technologies and procedures quickly
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills especially for explaining technical concepts to users at various levels of technical proficiency
- 2+ years QA/Testing experience
- Linux administration experience
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with common programming/scripting languages. Python expertise is highly preferred
- Working/testing knowledge of Broadband IP and Multicast networking
- Network experience with configuring and troubleshooting VLANs, IGMP, and TCP/IP protocols
Education and Qualifications
- College degree or 4+ years relevant work experience (e.g. QA/Testing experience, Linux administration, test automation )
- Cisco CCNA certified or similar qualification or education strongly preferred
- DOCSIS DEP certification, not required but a bonus
Compensation: $76,300.00/Year - $109,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website . Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.