QA Engineer (OS Knowledge)
You are an experienced QA engineer with a background testing desktop software component/objects developed in C/C++. You have experience programming in C/C++ or training/certification in this area. In addition you have a strong understanding of low-level Windows OS, and you seek an opportunity to apply your skills in an environment that will give you access and experience with interesting, cutting-edge technology. At Webroot, in Broomfield, CO, we seek to empower a new QA engineer to be an integral part of product release for our numerous, sophisticated web security applications and services. You will work with our team of talented engineers to facilitate development and testing of the next generation of threat intelligence applications and server backend. This is an opportunity to take ownership of the product quality, and have a tangible impact on the software moving forward.
In this role you will:
- Participate in all aspects of product delivery, including review of design documents, user stories, acceptance criteria, and functional specifications
- Develop test tools and test automation scripts that will help with the delivering of the product.
- Interpret product specifications and develop comprehensive test design/plan to perform functional and load testing
- Perform the required tests to validate the feature’s functionalities and performance, and communicate the progress to the team.
- Configure and maintain testing environment being used by the team for testing
You bring to the table:
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and problem solving skills
- Experience with developing test tools, and automated testing of software components/objects
- Experience programming in C/C++ OR training/certification in C/C++
- Experience testing web service and technologies being used with web services (e.g. REST and JSON, XML, HTTP, Web Server, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigm/concept.
- Solid understanding of technique and approach for testing test software components/objects
- Solid understanding of Windows and Mac Operating Systems, that is, able to install and configure a new system when required.
- Solid understanding of how N-Tier enterprise application work.
At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' personal computers, mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets – their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you'd expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but also that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.