KPA exists to help companies keep their workforces safe and healthy. At the end of the day, we succeed if our clients can send their employees home at night, having not experienced the trauma of a workplace accident or an injury.
How do we do it? By offering a unique combination of software, consulting, and training that helps clients identify, remedy, and prevent workplace safety and compliance problems so they can focus on what’s important—their core business.
Help us help keep people safe and businesses working efficiently. Named as one of Built In Colorado’s Best Places to Work for three years in a row, KPA is made up of diverse, vibrant individuals working together for the greater good.
We’re here to help our clients build safe, thriving organizations, and we’re looking for some like-minded people to help us do it.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer to build and maintain our testing automation frameworks, and execute our testing strategy that ensures the highest product quality. This role will be a working member of our Quality Assurance team that will automate our functional testing using the latest tools and practices to ensure the highest quality for the KPA suite of web and mobile applications.
- Adhere to best practices, utilizes the right tools, and continuously improve our testing automation approaches
- Actively participate in the creation, maintenance and execution of test automation scripts for both web and mobile applications to ensure applications meet acceptance criteria and the business objectives
- Support the effort to implement load and performance testing – this includes tool selection, implementation, and adoption
- Provide expertise in the design and creation of test scripts using C# to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for implementation.
- Ensure the creation of comprehensive test automations plans, strategies and test scripts based on requirements
- Must be a creative thinker when devising test strategies
- Collaborate with QA and development team, as needed, to resolved problems and identify root cause of product defects
- Participate in product design reviews to provide direction and input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback (estimations of impact, risks, etc.)
In the first 2 weeks, you will:
- Receive a demo of all software products.
- Review the current automation setup and understand the features you will be focused on.
- Automate testing for a minimum of one medium complexity requirement / work item.
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Fully understand the testing automation platforms that have been implemented
- Actively contribute to creating testing automation as a part of a scrum team
- Create a cadence, manage the cadence to predictability
- Actively support the training and knowledge transfer of testing automation to other team members
- Work with QA Manager to develop a plan for testing automation rollout for our 3 legacy applications
In the first 60 days, you will:
- Contribute to the growing environment to utilize best practices in QA
- Participate with defining and implementing a testing automation strategy for our new platform project
- Contribute to the evaluation of test automation tools
In the first 6 months, you will:
- Have led the team to significant progress in the automation of testing
- Produce metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness and cost savings of our automation efforts
- Have collaborated with the development team to ensure testing automation is taken into consideration before development begins and that a test-first mentality is exhibited by the team
By the end of the first year you will have:
- Overhauled our automated testing practice to include much more rigor and structure than exists today
Required Skills and Experience
- Mid-level experience in Quality Assurance testing and Test Automation
- Hands on automation using Selenium Webdriver, Behave, Cucumber, Specflow, Rest Assured etc.
- Experience with C# or other object-oriented language
- Experience with mobile test automation using tools like Appium
- Experience testing API layers, micro-services and applications utilizing web services
- Familiar with database testing, SQL preferred
- Understanding of Risk Based testing
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodology, tools, and processes, including Agile/Scrum principles
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, design and debugging skills.
- Experience with keyword and data driven test automation
- Basic level knowledge of XML and RDBMS concepts.
- BS or MS degreein Computer Science/Computer Information Systems or equivalent preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Audiences will include technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience working with Product Owners to ensure requirements are represented in test plans
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Able to evaluate and evangelize new testing tools
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
- Encourages and promotes an environment of continuous learning for the team
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- A commitment to KPA’s core values: Integrity, Respectful, Agile, Helpful, Teamwork, and Excellence
- This position requires occational night and weekend activities, particularly during releases. Must have a willingness to be on call as needed
- This position reports to the QA Manager
- Base salary range between $100-110k
- Bonus potential of 10% annually
KPA Office/Event Attendance and COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Daily office attendance is currently optional for all employees. Each office will be open for those seeking the opportunity to return to the office. Team meetings and events will be held in both KPA Offices and outside of KPA Offices where employee attendance will be expected.
For all KPA office sites, events and meetings, any employee attending, even temporarily, must be fully vaccinated with at least fourteen (14) days following their final vaccine. The final vaccine is defined as a second dose for Pfizer or Moderna, or the first dose of Johnson and Johnson.
For over 30 years, KPA has helped 10,000+ clients achieve regulatory compliance, maintain a safe workplace, and save money.
Business Nuts and Bolts
Founded in 1986, KPA is a leading provider of Environment, Health & Safety (EHS), and Workforce Compliance software and consulting services. KPA solutions help clients identify, remedy, and prevent workplace safety and compliance problems across their entire enterprise. The combination of KPA's software, consulting services, and award-winning training content helps organizations minimize risk so they can focus on what's important—their core business.
KPA’s majority investor is a tier-one private equity firm, Providence Equity Partners, which provides -capital and expertise to accelerate growth organically and through additional acquisitions. We’re now in an exciting time of accelerated growth with the promotion of our SaaS solutions.
Honoring Our Experiences, Building Mutual Respect
At KPA, we strive to build an environment that respects our talented colleagues’ individual experiences and mutual respect for our customers and partners regardless of color, religion, ethnicity, and sexual orientation. We aim to make meaningful contributions to celebrate our differences and learn from each other, uniting in an open and accepting culture that acknowledges everyone’s physical, workplace safety, and psychological safety.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do and why we do it. Our culture is driven by the KPA core values – Integrity, Helpful, Excellence, Agile, Respectful, and Teamwork. Success will be determined by the capabilities, energy and character of the people we bring into our organization and the performance they achieve.
KPA, with headquarters in Colorado and teammates throughout the United Sates, is recognized as one of Colorado's Best Places to Work and Best Midsize Places to Work by Built In Colorado for 2022.
“To be ranked so highly in Built In’s Best Places to Work Awards is a recognition of KPA’s dedication to creating a team of outstanding professionals and our efforts to create a positive and safe workplace culture for everyone,” said Chris Fanning, KPA President and CEO. “I believe we’ve developed a high caliber organization comprised of passionate people who are experts in their respective fields and deliver great value to our customers.”
As a growing company KPA values its employees by supporting them with a full benefits package including:
- Medical (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account (dependent on medical plan)
- Paid Time Off increasing with tenure
- Paid Holidays and floating holidays
- 401(k) match with immediate vesting
- No-cost Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
KPA is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, religious dress/grooming, color, ethnicity, sex (including sex stereotyping), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, creed, uniform service member status, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, breast-feeding and/or pregnancy-related conditions, age, protected medical condition, leave status, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other legally-protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]