HomeAdvisor is looking for an experienced QA Analyst to join our Software Quality Assurance team. In general, we are looking for someone who has a passion for making sure software performs accurately, efficiently, and according to plan, finding and destroying bugs, and being part of a fast-paced, fun-loving team. Our environment can be fun, loose, iterative, and even chaotic at times - you've been warned.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure quality and integrity: Work with developers on some of our most cutting-edge cloud and architecture initiatives by writing clear and detailed, yet concise, test cases, performing manual testing and identifying opportunities for automation, and updating stories in JIRA.
- Build test frameworks: Over time, you’ll work with our automation team to design and implement test automation frameworks from the ground up into a continuous integration and execution model.
- Coordinate: With your Scrum team and development counterparts in overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, and releases.
Why we think you'll like working here:
- HomeAdvisor.com is the industry-leading online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-qualified home improvement resources in their area - a homeowner turns to HomeAdvisor every 5 seconds for help.
- We're one of Denver's largest internet companies, and our employees have voted us to the Denver Post's list of Top Workplaces for 5 years running.
- You have a direct impact on our customer experience every single day.
- We're not afraid to make mistakes, and figure out how we can be better in time for the next release.
You'll have to show us:
- 5+ years of manual software testing experience, including in-depth, broad experience in SDLC, Agile methodologies and theories, test plan development, requirements analysis, test case design, test execution practices, defect detection, logging and tracking, with the majority of that experience tied to testing backend systems
- Very comfortable with SOA testing, gray and white box testing, database testing using SQL to view data to verify test results and ensure that appropriate data conditions exist.
- Skilled in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis
- A desire to learn and contribute to our efforts in expanding test automation using tools like nightwatch/selenium, spock framework, etc.
More about HomeAdvisor:
The Denver Post has named HomeAdvisor one of Denver's Top Workplaces for the last 6 years running, and we're known for a casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. In addition to our "take what you need" time-off policy, you’ll find a campus loaded with awesome game rooms, a basketball court, on-site yoga, bikes to share, and a challenging, fun work environment.
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat:http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/