Professional Services Cloud Solutions Innovation Engineer
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By building cloud infrastructures, customers get the scale and quality of service that modern applications require. Only NetApp can help organizations focus on the business at hand when they develop a zero-touch infrastructure that manages apps, data and services as one integrated resource supporting both public and private clouds.
Develops and delivers detailed technology solutions through consulting project activities. Responsibilities include client identification through final invoicing for engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment. Project management activities include interaction with company and client managers and cost/schedule monitoring. May have some financial responsibilities including project cost estimating, proposal generation, and invoicing. May participate in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities. Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization. Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement and/or delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours.
As NetApp is developing products that help companies migrate workloads to the cloud, this Cloud Solutions Innovation Engineer will have the opportunity to be part of the team helping to dynamically build new capabilities for customer solutions. Your energy and fresh ideas are vital to cementing our position as a market-leader. We’ll push you beyond your comfort zone with a belief that no idea is off limits. At the same time, you’ll have all the resources, mentoring and feedback you need to grow. You can be yourself in a team that celebrates individuality and welcomes different perspectives.
*** This position can be located anywhere in the US. ***
- Career level position for resources with existing professional field experience
- Complete post-sales hardware and software installations with medium level complexity
- Coordinate with senior customer representatives, Sales teams, and other PS staff in the performance of daily tasks
- Onsite and remote subject matter expert with NetApp, IT infrastructure, applications, and Cloud services
- Background in IT Market demand in areas such as: Open stack, Virtualization, DevOps, Agile, Big Data
- Experience with datacenter architectures, AI/ML, applications
- Experience with public cloud architectures, products and networking; related certifications a plus
- Automation background and experience with at least one scripting language (i.e. Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, etc.) highly desired
- Creative, team-oriented, technology savvy and driven to produce results
- Motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirt and equal balance of strong analytical skills and customer-facing communication skills
- Strong technical writing, as well as presentation skills to engage any audience
- Develop, review, and prepare implementation documentation for upcoming job task assignments
- Provide project design, implementation, and final “As-Built” documentation
- Deliver company marketed solution sets and other custom consulting
- Follow appropriate escalation guidelines, as required, during customer engagements
- Maintains strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ensure all assigned work tasks are completed in an effective and efficient manner
- Exposure and understanding of a variety of technologies/concepts in a distributed environment
- Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Bachelor's Degree or applicable combination of education/certifications/training and relevant experience required, plus 3 - 6 years of relevant professional experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.