Principal Satellite GNC/ADCS Engineer
Support the management and execution of satellite systems engineering activities for DigitalGlobe’s commercial imaging satellites, with immediate focus on the WorldView Legion satellites now in development. This person will support the Director of Satellite Development in developing requirements; providing insight and oversight of satellite GNC/ADCS design; ensuring the design will meet all performance, reliability, and life-cycle requirements; and support Operations on an as-needed basis. Works with other Space Segment engineers, Satellite Operations engineers, and contractor engineers to accomplish goals. This person will interact directly with our contractors, providing insight and oversight into the contractor’s development activities including design, manufacturing, test, troubleshooting, and launch
For future satellite developments, this person will perform trade studies, develop alternatives, help write RFPs, and evaluate contractor proposals to ensure solid architectures and designs that will provide the required performance within cost and schedule constraints.
The combined total qualifications of each candidate will be considered, including education, experience, and areas of expertise.
The Space Systems engineering team is dedicated to providing the greatest value and benefit to DigitalGlobe by managing the procurement of our future remote-sensing satellites. The team also manages the spacecraft and launch vehicle programs from concept through launch. The WorldView systems to date are the premier high-resolution remote sensing space platforms in the commercial industry. Come be a part of the Space Systems team as we ramp up on the design and build of our next generation of world-class satellites, WorldView Legion.
- At least 15 years of experience in the following disciplines:
- Requirements development for Low Earth Orbit Imaging Satellites including Conops development
- System budgeting and performance analysis
- Demonstrated expertise in Guidance, Navigation & Control with a particular focus in Attitude Determination & Control
- Demonstrated coding expertise using a variety of languages
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Physics, or equivalent degree or experience
- Low Earth Orbit Imaging Satellite operations experience including tasking, troubleshooting, and anomaly resolution
- Government security clearance at the Top Secret or higher level; or the ability to get such a clearance
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.