Principal Mechanical Sub-System Engineer at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:57 a.m. (MST) on Friday, January 24, 2020
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup building Mach-2.2 passenger airliners. Think Concorde but 75% more affordable to fly. Imagine a day trip from New York to London—3h15 each way. Fly to London for a business meeting and be home in time to tuck your children into bed. Boom's first prototype will rollout by summer of 2020.
Boom’s outstanding team comes from places like Amazon, SpaceX, Scaled Composites, and Virgin Galactic. Team members have collectively contributed to 40+ new air and space vehicles, including the Falcon 9, Virgin SpaceShipTwo, and the Joint Strike Fighter.
The company is backed by venture capital firms including Emerson Collective, Y Combinator, Caffeinated Capital, and SV Angel as well as individuals including Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Ron Conway, Michael Marks, and Greg McAdoo.
At Boom, you’ll have world-class colleagues and a flexible work environment. We don’t punch a clock, offer unmetered vacation time, and value our employees’ comprehensive well-being.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
As a Prinicpal Mechanical Sub System Engineer at Boom Supersonic, you will be responsible for running conceptual layout and configuration studies of aircraft landing gear architectures and landing gear systems. This position requires and intimate knowledge of various landing gear configurations and the vehicle level characteristics that drive system level decisions.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of kinematic mechanisms design, hydraulic actuator selection considerations such as pressure intensification, hydraulic systems, brake sizing and control considerations, aircraft steering and ground control, mechanics of materials, material selection, and CAD.
- Experience with conceptual landing gear design and layout configuration studies.
- Demonstrated experience developing, testing, and validating new or existing landing gear designs.
- Create and maintain 3-D CATIA models, assemblies and installations, system requirements, interface/supplier control drawings, performance specifications, system checkout procedures and statements of work.
- Experience creating, managing, and communicating landing gear system requirement and using requirements to drive MDO configuration trade studies.
- Coordinate with suppliers, internal and external integrated product teams, management and the customer.
- Technical engineering support for manufacturing, installation and testing at, external supplier facilities and the customer’s operating locations.
- Plan and initiate their own work, lead teams, and mentor less experience engineers.
- Function as prime technical contact, manage system performance, budget and schedule.
It would be great if you had
- An advanced degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or Computer Science
- Demonstrated passion for aircraft and aerospace
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description