Principal Engineer I at Spectrum (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Charter's Emerging Technology and Innovation team is looking for an experienced security engineer well versed in the technologies powering tomorrow's Internet. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with ideation, architecture, and design of hardware and software security solutions across Charter's residential and commercial platforms. The successful candidate should have experience with hardware security mechanisms such as OTP keys, trusted execution environment, secure boot, etc. Familiarity with the specifics of silicon vendor implementations of these mechanisms is required. Prior work with conditional access and DRM systems is preferred. Knowledge of a broad range of technology disciplines including DOCSIS, PacketCable, IP networking, cloud compute platforms, and modern Linux operating systems is helpful.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Basic knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Basic knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Basic knowledge of network devices and basic network appliances
- Basic knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or related work experience
Related Work Experience
5-10 years Engineering work experience
5-10 years Project management work experience
Advanced knowledge of SoC implementations of OTP keys, hardware trust zones, and their use
Experience in hardware security, hardware development, formal methods, applied cryptography, vulnerability assessment, security threat models, risk assessment, systems engineering
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training preferred (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
EGN601 294980 294980BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $107,600.00 to $191,200.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.