About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
We are seeking a Propulsion/Powerplant Staff Scientist to join our team. You will be responsible for developing and supporting the propulsion and powerplant related systems architecture for Overture. Additionally, you will be a part of a world class team of engineers.
- Responsible for the design, test, certification and support of the aircraft propulsion and powerplant systems such as engine integration, pylons and nacelles, fuel, environmental controls, oxygen, ice and rain protection as well as fire protection on the Overture aircraft
- Create Engine Technical Specification and support procurement in sourcing engine OEM support for Overture
- Work closely with Suppliers during the development phase to coordinate the integration of the engine and associated systems into the aircraft
- Work hand in hand with the Chief Engineer, Certification manager, Engineering team and Program leadership to create a world class approach for propulsion and powerplant systems integration
- Define requirements for system design to ensure compliance with regulations
- Lead the trade studies of the applicable systems to ensure the right solution for Overture
- A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related experience required
- 15+ years experience including at least one commercial or business jet aircraft program from initial concept through flight and certification
- Fundamental understanding of every key technical discipline (configuration, aero, systems, propulsion, structures, software/avionics, flight test, manufacturing)
- Experience is creating technical specifications
- In-depth knowledge of Part 25 regulatory requirements
- Excellent problem-solving leadership skills; can lead a team through solving hard, complex, ambiguous technical problems
- Excellent leadership skills – able to keep teams moving and motivated
- Persuasive – must be able to win support of internal and external parties alike
- Team building communication skills, the ability to interface effectively with different groups internally and externally
It would be great if you had:
- Masters degree in Engineering
- Experience as FAA DER
- A&P License
Salary Range for this position is $160,000- 200,000 base salary and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description