Platform Engineer (Android)
Who Is Spectralink?
Spectralink provides best-in-class enterprise wireless communication solutions that enable mobile workers like nurses, warehouse staff and big store sales associates to do their job better than ever.
As the global leader in purpose-built wireless communications, we’ve deployed over 3 million devices to customers around the world. Our dedication to listening and understanding the needs of the customer is the foundation of our business. We use this expertise every day to build the right solutions for mobile workers.
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in the U.K. and Denmark, we are one global company with a common vision and mission to provide the best possible enterprise mobile experience for our customers.
Our Platform team works alongside our ODM partners and takes Android and makes it better by leveraging advanced OS features or designing in features and customization that makes the device truly exceptional for our users. We are looking for a talented software developer who will be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing features.
What You Will Do in This Role:
We are looking for a talented SW developer who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of Spectralink's Android platform enhancements that include, but are not limited to, Voice Quality Optimization (VQO) algorithms, custom hardware integration (e.g. barcode reader, battery hot swap, distance measurement, …) as well as software modifications to Android to offer the features our customers are missing. Our team is Agile, embraces peer reviews, continuous integration and constant learning.
We are focused on finding a strong software engineer with expertise in one of the following areas (you will learn the rest):
- Bringing up Android on custom hardware
- Android OS modifications
- Value-add services
- Android, JNI and Android application performance optimization
Skills and Experience we’d like you to have:
- 1-5 years Embedded SW development for commercially available products or applications
- Experience in JAVA development (preferably Android)
- Experience in C/C++ with deep understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming.
- Experience with GIT or similar repository management and version control tools. Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools and Agile methodology.
- Development in a Linux environment with emphasis on Unit testing alongside functional integration testing.
- Ability to quickly comprehend and debug existing code.
- A team player with great verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
Experience with the following is a big plus (as is a strong desire to learn about these technologies):
- Wireless telecommunication (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LTE)
- Android-For-Work, Android Enterprise features and EMM/MDM management solutions
- Understanding of cryptographic concepts and technologies (public key cryptography, SSL …)
Location: Boulder, CO (Relocation assistance available)
Work Status: We are happy to consider anyone who is legally able to work in the US including candidates on work Visas and would be open to sponsoring a TN visa for our friends up north.
What We Offer: At Spectralink you’ll have an opportunity to work in an established, profitable company on well-respected, globally distributed enterprise products. When you look us up, you’ll find that we have been around for a while and have had an amazing ride. We are excited about the future and hope you can be part of it.
We are a smaller company (under 200) which means you’ll have a voice in the organization, along with a seasoned team and proven products. Unlike a startup, there is no worry about where the next round of funding will come from. We offer a 401k match as well as a comprehensive benefits plan.
Join us and be part of our next great chapter!