Operations Support Engineer at DigitalGlobe (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Please review the job details below.
The Operations Support Engineer (OSE) position will assume an integral role in the day-to-day operations and troubleshooting of DigitalGlobe’s ground network which includes the Mission Operations Center (MOC), Constellation Scheduling System, and Production systems. As DigitalGlobe is transitioning to a new cloud-based ground system, this position will need to understand and play a significant troubleshooting role with AWS technology. Additionally, this position will be the a point of contact with both internal and external support teams for our worldwide network of Direct Access Facilities and Remote Ground Terminals (RGTs).
- Assist the Operations teams in ground system troubleshooting and anomaly resolutions; this may include gathering data and generating reports for ground engineering support and management teams.
- Perform ground system telemetry trending and monitoring, generate ground system health metrics and charts for dissemination to management teams.
- Vendor management, including the leading of a weekly teleconference with key vendor and reconciling metrics reports with this vendor.
- Help in developing next generation operational tools on our new cloud platform.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Engineering Bachelors degree with relevant experience in satellite ground systems and operations highly desired, but relevant experience will be considered in place of education.
- Must be able and willing to apply for and hold a National Security Clearance.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts
- Proficiency in a Linux operating environment. Experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Perl, Java) is highly desired.
- Proficiency in a Linux operating environment. Experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, Java) is highly desired.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Familiarity with Kibana and Elastisearch.
- Familiarity with GitHub.
- Experience with build CI/CD systems like Jenkins, Travis, or TFS.
- Hands-on person, strong teamwork skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, to include customer communication and technical writing, strong troubleshooting skills including both hardware and software.
- Ability to travel which may be up to 5% of the year.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.