Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
As Worldpay grows, we must be proactive in assuring we stay ahead of the curve with truly cutting-edge products and services. The payments industry is in rapid evolution with the implementation of new technologies. By hiring the best minds that understand that new features and capabilities are just as important as security, Worldpay will continue to beat the competition with our offerings. Whether it's dedicated to new products and services, or ensuring we have the best infrastructure out there, Worldpay is dedicated to tech.
The Technology Engineer uses his/her specialized knowledge to plan, design, develop and test new systems from product enhancements to new offerings. With a wide array of services, Worldpay needs to ensure that our products deliver a seamless and intuitive experience, which begins with thoughtful and smart engineering. He/she will be a passionate and informed individual, keeping on top of developments and trends in the payments processing environment to design intelligent systems that anticipate and beat the competition.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Collaborate with other internal teams (Product, Platform, Merchant Services and Support) to distill business requirements into technical solutions.
- Use Agile software techniques such as pair programming and test driven development to maximize productivity and quality.
- Deploy new features into production with zero platform downtime and no impact to end customers who are currently processing.
- Build domain expertise in e-commerce payments and apply engineering expertise to develop new product features.
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.