Mid-Level Front End Developer at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor is looking for an experienced Front End Developer to join our Software Development team. In general, we are looking for someone who has experience working on public-facing web properties, and being part of a fast-paced, fun-loving team. Our environment can be fun, loose, iterative, and even chaotic at times - you've been warned.
What you will be doing:
- Integrate client-side code with web services, social platforms, and our Java backend infrastructure
- Work with key business partners in Creative Design, UX/UI and Product Development to produce beautiful and functional pages
- Work on progressive redesign and maintenance projects that have an immediate impact on how our customers experience our brand every day
- Stay ahead of the curve in order to suggest and implement new technologies and best practices into our site and workflow
Why we think you'll like working here:
- HomeAdvisor.com is the industry-leading online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-qualified home improvement resources in their area - a homeowner turns to HomeAdvisor or Angie’s List every second for help.
- We're one of Denver's largest internet companies, and our employees have voted us to the Denver Post's list of Top Workplaces for 6 years running.
- You have a direct impact on our customer experience every single day.
- We're not afraid to make mistakes and figure out how we can be better in time for the next release.
- We place an emphasis on innovation and ownership and celebrate the contributions of individuals to the company.
- Cross-browser functionality testing
- Experience with Version Control (Git, SVN, CVS, etc.)
- A deep understanding of modern browsers, their rendering engines, and an awareness of industry best-practices for handling those differences
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to respond quickly to evolving requirements
- An inquisitive mind and continuous learner that wants to contribute to a sustainable culture of innovation
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of yourself and your team
Bonus Points for Experience with:
- A front-end framework, such as Vue, React, or Angular
- js and npm
- JS Module patterns
- Server-side templating frameworks like JSP/JSTL or Pug/Jade
- Unit testing, integration testing, and test driven development
- LESS or SASS/SCSS with BEM
- Build tools like Grunt, Gulp or Rollup
- Mobile Web Development
If you have a passion for clean, easily maintained front-end code and a desire to make an impact on customer experience, we think you’ll be in good company here at HomeAdvisor. Send us your resume so we can chat.
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/