Mechanical Engineer, Flight Control Systems Contractor at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:23 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, January 14, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
The primary responsibilities will include design, manufacture, integration, and testing of mechanical flight control systems for XB-1, the first independently developed supersonic jet and history's fastest civil aircraft.
Specific tasks will include the design of mechanical flight control elements, mounting and support brackets, part manufacturing, kinematic system analysis, system testing, and on aircraft integration.
- 5+ years industry experience as a flight control, landing gear, or mechanical systems engineer
- Understanding of complex kinematic systems
- Ability to design mechanical components and support bracketry. Experience with part drawing generation and the part release process.
- Ability to generate free body diagram and evaluate primary load paths in mechanical systems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to author and execute test plans which will be used to verify the design intent meets requirements
- Knowledge of air vehicle systems, systems integration, engineering design, the drawing release process and subsystems/component qualification
It would be great if you had
- Experience with hydro-mechanical flight control systems and components
- Experience with manned experimental aircraft flight testing
- Experience with component stress analysis for part release
- Experience developing and refining system level requirements from formal and informal sources
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description