Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Who Is Spectralink?
Spectralink provides best-in-class enterprise wireless communication solutions that enable mobile workers like nurses, warehouse staff and big store sales associates to do their job better than ever.
As the global leader in purpose-built wireless communications, we’ve deployed over 3 million devices to customers around the world. Our dedication to listening and understanding the needs of the customer is the foundation of our business. We use this expertise every day to build the right solutions for mobile workers.
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in the U.K. and Denmark, we are one global company with a common vision and mission to provide the best possible enterprise mobile experience for our customers.
What you will do in this role:
This role will coordinate with internal and external parties to define and implement manufacturing processes that meet or exceed Spectralink’s requirements for cost, manufacturability and quality. Although this is an individual contributor role, this position will take a leadership role in working with suppliers and internal groups to identify opportunities to improve Spectralink products throughout its life cycle. This position reports to the Director of Global Quality.
- Lead efforts with international vendors for product improvement and cost reduction
- Collaborate with suppliers to ensure product specifications are met
- Monitor quality levels of Spectralink products both at our factories and in the field
- Implement product changes and improvements with international CM and local repair facility
- Recommend, plan and lead corrective and preventive actions for continuous improvement with suppliers under general supervision
- Participate in investigations, analyze data, assist in root cause analysis, and prepare detailed reports, as required
- Perform mechanical/electro-mechanical failure analysis of production and field failures (DOAs)
- Define and implement quality systems in assembly and test that result in improvement in factory yields and reduction of field failures/DOA rates.
- Develop operational procedures and perform training for manufacturing
- Monitor and improve production yields
- Create ECO/MCO and Deviations
Skills and experience we’d like you to have:
- BSME or BSEE equivalent with 3+ years of Manufacturing or Quality Engineering Product-Line support experience. 7+ years of work experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Experienced in complex electronic assembly and test processes and high-volume production
- Superior problem-solving skills, able to quickly hypothesize and achieve solutions even in areas of unfamiliarity
- Able to use MS Office suite proficiently
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, presenting, and comprehension of technical information.
- Strong Project Management experience
- Experience with Agile a plus
- Familiar with SPC and CpK
- Open minded and quick learner
- Detail oriented
- Excellent team player
- Proactive and customer oriented
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Available for occasional international travel (10-15%)
Location: Boulder, CO
What We Offer: At Spectralink you’ll have an opportunity to work in an established, profitable company on well-respected, globally distributed products. We’re a smaller company (under 200) which means you’ll have a voice in the organization, along with a seasoned team and proven products. We offer a 401k match as well as a comprehensive benefits plan. Join us and be part of our next great chapter!