Manager, Software Engineering at Evolve Vacation Rental
Evolve Vacation Rental is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for both property owners and guests. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 700 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why This Role:
The Manager of Software Engineering will be a hands-on technology expert that will lead a distributed team of engineers focused on delivering high-performing, modern web experiences in a fast-paced agile environment. This role will collaborate closely with the product and integration teams to understand and execute on vision, and provide world class Cx.
This role requires broad and deep experience building custom web applications using Node.js and React.js. Candidates must be comfortable leading strategy as well as contributing tactically to front-end development and API integrations.
This role will identify and drive resourcing needs, collaborate on technology + tool selections, and assign resources as needed to complete product requirements.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee technical design and development of public facing web applications
- Hire, manage and mentor an internal team of developers, while setting priorities and structure for extended external team
- Work closely with Product team to understand product vision and roadmap
- Work closely with Integration team to define and design high-performing APIs that will interact with web user interfaces
- Work closely with the DevOps team to implement CI/CD processes that shorten the development life cycle and provide continuous delivery of high quality software
- Establish coding standards and best practices
- Work with product team to implement agile processes that are a best fit and help drive engineering velocity and quality
- Guide technology and tool decisions as they relate to web development
What Makes You A Great Fit:
- Desire to design and build world class web solutions
- 3+ years of web engineering management experience
- 5+ years bespoke web application development
- Experience designing and implementing high-volume web applications built on Node.js and React
- Experience building high-volume commerce applications
- Experience in an agile or extreme programming environment
- Salesforce integration and or development experience a plus
While we are all currently working from home until at least July, our goal is to eventually return to our beautiful Denver office and collaborate in person.
Total Rewards at Evolve:
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- Company equity
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
For this role our salary range is $125,000 to $135,000.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status