Lead Quality Engineer at Notion
Who we are
At Notion, we help people protect the things they love most. Notion’s first product, a multi-purpose IoT sensor, paired with thoughtful data analytics and services, delivers peace of mind to empower anyone to live an easier, safer, better life. Much more than home security, our ability to collect and analyze incredible amounts of data from homes has already led to partnerships with a number of insurance companies.
Our nimble team is made up of engineers, designers and business development experts. We're a motivated and passionate group of self-starters, excited to create solutions that truly make a difference in people's lives! Want to know more? Check us out at getnotion.com.
We’re looking for a Lead Quality Engineer to help us bring Notion to the world. You’ll be working with a range of technologies building test suites to ensure what we deliver to our customers is functioning at a high level. The ideal candidate is a leader, a builder, and a multiplier - someone with a passion for bridging the gap between hardware, software, and the physical world.
- Design and implement an end-to-end test strategy and automation framework for the Notion ecosystem (embedded, backend, mobile, e-commerce)
- Develop a deep, holistic understanding of the Notion platform
- Write, execute, and update test suite
- Evaluate and select tools and systems to provide comprehensive test coverage
- Collaborate with software team to integrate automation framework into Notion’s CI/CD
- Work with engineering teams during the development cycle to establish proper test coverage
- Reproduce bugs reported and demo them to engineering teams
- Organize and keep detailed notes of all SW, HW and FW versions
- Verify new FW build functionality and quality before releasing it to internal teams
- Collaborate with engineering teams to assess risk and develop test strategies around new features
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A passion for understanding how things work
- Extreme sense of ownership
- Self-driven and can work with limited direction
- 3-5 years experience in QA
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Delivery of high quality and effective solutions while balancing deadlines
The tech stack
Notion’s platform is hosted on AWS and is primarily written in Ruby. Our API is being served by RoR and uses PostgreSQL. Our CI/CD tool of choice is CircleCI. We utilize New Relic in order to keep tabs on our system's health. RabbitMQ handles the majority of messages being passed across services.
We use Cucumber tests written in Ruby and powered by Appium for automated mobile testing. API testing is done using a combination of Postman and Rspec.
Nice to have
- Experience with hardware/firmware QA
- Familiarity with startup environments
- Interest in IoT
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with automating QA
- Experience building out a QA team
What we offer
- Competitive pay + Equity + Healthcare + 401(k) offerings
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Flexible scheduling and the ability to occasionally work from home
- An annual company retreat plus quarterly team outings and semi-annual volunteer days
- An upbeat and collaborative environment
Notion is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.