Lead Quality Engineer at Alteryx, Inc.
We are looking for a strong Lead Quality Engineer to help us help us enhance our core IP specifically our Alteryx Engine, a fundamental piece of the Alteryx product suite.
You will be part of our Engine team, working with developers, product managers and other stakeholders developing tests plans, executing tests, tracking and reporting results, troubleshooting issues and working to resolve defects.
You will be responsible for the execution of the quality strategy.
- Lead technical initiatives or programs.
- Drive collaboration to ensure comprehensive QE support of the test strategy. Primary scope of impact across an Investment Area.
- Coordinate QE initiatives across the Investment Area to satisfy test strategy.
- Develop testing frameworks or components that support the product test strategy.
- Ability to fully characterize product defects and identify failure modes.
- Establish automated test design patterns and coding standards.
- Participate in the QE Center of Excellence, driving adoption of best practices for quality and automation activities.
- Review architectures/design docs/products to ensure testability and automatability.
- Proactively drive measurable product quality improvements through QE initiatives.
- Mentor Sr QE peers
- Increase product test coverage and extend test automation capabilities within the Investment Area.
- Support Customer Support escalations by triaging field related issues and offering solutions
- Helps in the development of a great work environment through modeling exemplary servant leadership
- Act as a customer advocate, committed to delivering quality throughout the company
- 7+ years as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Ability to create and debug automated tests
- Proficiency with implementing test suites within Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Experience with testing high-performance distributed systems
- Experience mentoring and developing others
- Experience working in a Scrum development environment
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
- The company will not provide sponsorship for work visas or other employment authorization for this position.
- Performance test creation and monitoring
- Experience with Jenkins/GitLab pipelines
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Static Analysis
- Exposure & knowledge of Node.JS and RESTful API web services
- Deep understanding and commitment to modern software engineering principles/processes (Agile, Lean, DevOps) and continuous improvement through measurement