Come join one of the best places to work in Denver! Homebot is in hyper-growth mode, looking for trailblazers to join us in revolutionizing how people build wealth with the single largest asset they’ll ever own — their home. We sell our SaaS platform to real estate agents, lenders and loan servicers to engage their clients and prospects throughout the entire homeownership lifecycle. Our customers love us and we love them!
We are scaling rapidly and are looking for a Lead Full Stack Engineer to join our growing Engineering team at Homebot. This role is for an experienced engineering leader who is passionate about enabling a team of full stack engineers to be successful, both professionally long-term and in the day-to-day. You will be working closely with the product and design teams and engage with team members through mentorship and 1:1s. You will also be a code contributor and ready to jump in where needed during sprints!
This is a full-time position based in our Denver, CO office. (Currently, due to COVID-19, we are working remotely and will continue to do so until October 28, 2021. Until then, you can work remotely in another state, but will eventually need to be in the Denver area once we reopen. When we return to office, we will have a hybrid work model in place that will allow employees to split their time between working in-office and from home a few days a week.)
Targeted Base Salary Range: $140,000 - $170,000.00. For additional details on our total benefits package, please review the section “Why Homebot?” at the end of this job description.
What You’ll Be Accountable For:
What does it mean to be a Lead Engineer at Homebot?
- Close collaboration with product, design, and the team to align on execution strategies and product vision
- Enabling growth for a team of engineers through mentorship and technical leadership
- Cultivating and instilling company and team values of ownership, communication, and quality of the work delivered by the team
- You are ready to manage your time across planning, team leadership, and coding
- This role will report to our Director of Engineering
Experience & Qualifications:
- 6+ years of professional Software Engineering experience
- 2+ years of managing a team of 4+ Software Engineers
- Strong background in at least one Front-end Framework (React, Ember, Vue, etc.)
- Strong experience with a Backend Framework (Rails, Django, etc.), including working with production APIs and databases
- Strong interest in mentoring and identifying plans for professional development for team members
- Passionate about developing pragmatic solutions and enabling the team to contribute to the problem solving process
- Deep understanding of the React framework
- Deep understanding of the Rails framework
- Experience working with Postgres, including complex SQL queries
- Experience working with Redis and ElasticSearch
- Comfortable in Jest, Rspec, and understand solid testing principles
- This role will report to Director, Engineering
- You will work closely with Engineering, Product, and Design
Who We Strive To Be as Homebotters:
- Servant Leaders: We serve our teammates and customers first, with the purpose of enabling and supporting them to be successful
- Respect, Thoughtfulness & Maturity: We show through our actions
- Accountability: We know our jobs & take ownership
- One Team: We make decisions, get in the same boat, & paddle together
- Diligent: We are persistent in the details
- Initiative: We seek improvements continuously
- Solution Drivers: We create solutions rather than focus on problems
- Positivity Builders: We recognize that great attitudes are contagious
- Learners: We fail fast & share from our experiences & mistakes
If this opportunity gets you pumped - perfect! Apply below and we look forward to speaking with you very soon! (We also read cover letters so take a moment to tell us what makes you a great fit for us!)
We believe in a collaborative, fun work environment. And when we say we have an awesome culture, we mean it. The team members, aka Homebotters, are not only passionate about our product, but also about how they interact with each other. We push ourselves every day to be better, challenge each other to continuously grow, and to have fun doing it. We are professional when we need to be and goofy when it’s time to celebrate a win. We realize we might be a little biased so we encourage you to check out our Glassdoor reviews and visit BuiltinColorado’s Best Places to Work list (#75!) and Best Small Places to Work (#21!).
With the mortgage and tech industries being highly male-dominated, we're proud to be a tech company in the mortgage space with ~50% female employees across the organization.
We appreciate and value what our team members do every day, so we offer some amazing benefits to reward them:
- Health benefits (we pay 99% of the Homebotter’s cost for the 80/20 medical plan)
- Medical & Dental: United Healthcare
- Vision: Beam (VSP)
- Great vacation policy - we believe in taking care of yourself & reward team members as they reach milestone years of service (3 weeks accrued vacation to start!)
- Equity Appreciation Program
- Performance Bonus Program
- Paid Parental Leave - 12 Weeks!
- 401K (Guideline)
- Remote Activities: Wellness Challenges, Trivia, Tequila & Chocolate Tasting, Whiskey Tasting!
- Hybrid Working Model - Blend Work From Home and In-Office Days
- Denver EcoPass for light rail and bus system
- Office location in downtown Denver
- Events like: Tasty Tuesdays, Wellness Wednesdays and Thankful Thursdays
- Onsite Massages 2x/month
- Nitro cold brew, french press, smoothie bullet and snacks
- Rotating beer tap + stocked beer/wine fridge
- Monthly lunch paid by Homebot
- Fun quarterly events like Rockies games, holiday parties, etc.
- Awesome culture! Awesome coworkers! (seriously, have you seen Glassdoor?)
- We give back to the community (Volunteer Days, Giving Tree)
- Open work environment with sit/stand desks
- Leadership Training & Promote from within
- Professional development opportunities/trainings
- Opportunities for career growth and upleveling skills
More about Homebot
Problem we’re solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes people to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Homebot is a client-for-life portal that maximizes repeat and referral business for lenders by empowering consumers to build wealth through homeownership. The award-winning client portal delivers personalized, actionable intelligence throughout the entire homeownership lifecycle to every client and prospect. With an average 50% monthly engagement rate, Homebot ensures lenders and agents remain the trusted advisors that consumers rely on to make informed decisions about the largest asset they may ever own, their home.
It’s definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Having launched in 2016, we're over 90 Homebotters strong and expect to continue that growth throughout the year. Join us!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai