Lead Developer (React, node.js, C#, MVC)
Who is Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, and highly trafficked web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world. We leverage a combination of modern front end frameworks, our RESTful data layer, and the latest and greatest tools the industry has to offer to deliver some of the fastest and most utilized applications in the financial industry. We work closely in teams to promote an inclusive environment with tons of idea sharing.
What you'll do at Markit Digital
- Lead a cross-functional team, focused on technology and execution, who are building amazing web sites for some of the biggest names in the financial industry.
- Lead and learn from developers of all levels, evangelizing your knowledge and best practices to colleagues.
- Work with our clients to improve their current offerings in addition to conceptualizing new ways to engage with their users.
How you'll do it at Markit Digital
- You will lead a team through all phases of the agile delivery process and leverage your wealth of experience to provide your team with feedback and technical expertise
- You're able to tap into your teams natural and untapped potential to deliver
- Guide your team on proof-of-concepts from concept through execution
- Partner with the world's largest financial design team to bring client visions to reality
- You're smart and motivated enough to find a way, even if you don't know how yet
- You will help balance project timelines and team commitments in an exciting fast paced environment
- Semantic HTML
- CSS, LESS, SASS
- React or Vue.js
- Redux, Vuex, or other equivalent state management
- NPM, Webpack, Gulp, Grunt
- Continuous Integration Tools
- Unit Testing experience (Mocha, Jest, etc)
- Exposure to jQuery, Bootstrap
Bonus Points for:
- .NET MVC with C#
- Web Accessibility
- Web Site Security
- IT Degree or relevant professional experience
Where we're going at Markit Digital
Hot on the heels of moving our service oriented architecture to the cloud and automating our deployments and configurations, we're moving to a containerized environment and building a RESTful product suite. We are always on the lookout for ways to make our sites more secure, scalable, and fast. We are continuing to explore our wealth of new data sources outside of the financial markets to pioneer new market spaces like virtual and augmented reality.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance or visa sponsorship at this time.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).