Java Software Engineer
We are seeking a junior to mid-level Software Engineer. This role will work as part of a project team to develop and deliver products for Markit Digital. Must have 1 to 3 years of hands-on experience in core development techniques and display the ability to grasp current technologies used at Markit Digital and potentially new technologies in developing solutions.
What you will be doing:
- Work as part of an agile development team to design, estimate, develop and implement software solutions that satisfy the business requirements.
- Establish testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout development and before release.
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement.
- Collaborate with other developers as necessary to resolve different tasks.
- Work independently as necessary.
- Monitor and report to management and/or technical lead on project status, identify issues that may impede attainment of goals, recommend and implement corrective measures.
- Continuously expand knowledge in area of specialization.
What we are looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with programming languages (C#,Java, and SQL), programming techniques, and relational databases.
- The ability to with use of Java in conjunction with Websockets (web streaming technology) & TCP/IP socket programming
- Prefer experience with https://netty.io/
- Prefer experience with massive, high-throughput datasets
- Strong fundamentals of service-oriented architecture.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with agile development methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills – must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team and foster team cooperation.
Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).