Java Developer at HomeAdvisor
At HomeAdvisor, our Engineering organization is driven by innovation and teamwork. We are motivated by new challenges every day to solve unique problems while setting the standard for the home services marketplace. Our co-workers are our collaborators, our teammates and everyone has the opportunity to contribute and build.
HomeAdvisor is looking for a Java Developer with demonstrably strong internet-focused Java development experience to join our team of dedicated, passionate software engineers.
As a Java Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing as part of a scrum team dedicated to building a quality product
- Implementing and maintaining Java applications in a Microservice architecture
- Analyzing product requirements and translating into Java code
- Debugging and resolving technical issues
- Maintaining a TDD driven approach
- Working cross functionally to build applications
- Building relationships across teams and encouraging a passion for problem solving and coding
- Understanding scope versus value and placing emphasis on the 80/20 rule
The folks in this role are usually successful when they have 3-5+ years of experience in:
- Strong Java language fundamentals particularly Java 8 and newer
- Enterprise application experience using Spring, Spring Boot, XML, JSON
- Relational Database experience such as Oracle, MySQL
- RESTful web services and microservice architecture
- Strong belief in using unit testing and using framework such as Junit, Spock
- Version control system tools (GIT) and build management (Jenkins)
- Kafka, Kubernetes
- Agile methodologies, SOA and OOP concepts, CI/CD processes
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $80,000-$150,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!