iOS Engineer at TrueCoach
WHO WE ARE
TrueCoach is a small but mighty company located in the heart of the greatest place to work and play in the country, Boulder, Colorado. We were also recently named one of the 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in Colorado.
Our mission is to make a positive impact in the lives of fitness coaches and their clients by building tools that enable coaches to grow their business and deliver an exceptional experience to their clients, all while saving time.
Our own growth has been strong and steady since our start in 2015 due to an incredible team of people that have come together to create a product that our customers love.
And we’re just getting started.
Our Engineering Culture
People - Trust, Humility, Teamwork
- We trust that everyone is innately motivated to do what is best for the team.
- We share all of our challenges and accomplishments.
- We push each other to improve every day.
- We take our work very seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- We take pride in our accomplishments, but we’re most proud of our ability to deliver to our customers and support our team.
- We value all ideas – regardless of where they originated and how loud they compare to others – and foster an environment where they are equally heard.
- We believe in having strong opinions that are held loosely.
Process - Pragmatic, Flexible, Reflective
- We design our own processes and understand that we can continually shape them.
- We focus on what we do best and rarely feel the need to reinvent the wheel.
- We seek the middle ground between quick-and-dirty vs. over-engineered solutions.
- We approach our processes in the same way we approach our product – by testing, learning, and improving.
Product - Quality, Data-Influence, Continual Improvement, Delight
- We recognize that shipping is where the real learning begins. No feature is ever truly done.
- We think long-term about our product, but we’re always seeking small improvements to delight trainers and their clients.
- We see development and QA testing as more than a checklist – asking “how will this make the user feel? can we do better?”
- We use data and customer feedback to guide (not drive) our product strategy.
- We strive to over-deliver and never ship if we feel we’re risking the customer experience.
- We walk the talk.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a seasoned iOS Engineer with a passion for building well-tested applications that are as beautiful as they are functional.
- You are a strong, growth-minded, individual and thoughtful team player.
- You are proud of what you bring to the table and are able to mesh your strengths with a team of talented engineers.
- You are passionate about iOS and engineering excellence.
- Marked enthusiasm while reading about our company and culture
- A proven track record of shipping high-quality apps to the App Store
- 3+ years of iOS experience
- At least 1 year of Swift experience
- Experience with RESTful web API’s
- Strong understanding of iOS and Xcode fundamentals
- Strong understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guideline
- Ability to work with design to build seamless user-friendly flows that empower and delight
- Strong desire to learn new things and wear multiple hats
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- US citizen or authorized to work in the US
Nice to Haves
- Working knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Passionate about health and fitness
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive pay and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents (Anthem PPO)
- A monthly health + wellness stipend
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- The ability to customize the perks you want (conference travel, 401k match, etc.)
- 10% investment time
- Quarterly team outings
- Office snacks
- Whatever computer equipment you need to get your job done
- Flexible paid time off
- Flexible powder day policy - this IS part of why we live in Colorado, right?
- Flexible work from home policy
- Relocation assistance