Innovation DevOps Engineer at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. We’re working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities to provide a personalized end-to-end customer energy experience that helps meet and accelerate carbon reduction goals. We are a certified B Corp, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you get to do:
We are searching for a DevOps candidate who is passionate about our customers and new incubation offerings as we build a new foundation for the clean energy software ecosystem. You’ll work inside Step Change Labs (Uplight’s innovation and incubation arm) in close partnership with
our Chief Innovation Officer and product teams to guide creation of our data needs for our new product offerings. Your primary focus will be the creation of automated infrastructure and deployment pipelines within the Step Change Labs Space. Enabling new iterations of the software we build to be automatically tested, versioned and deployed. And you’ll work on a great team dedicated to building the next generation of ideas in the energy ecosystem.
What you will contribute:
- Be excited to work with talented, committed people in a fast-paced environment
Be passionate about the renewable energy ecosystem and making a difference in the world
- Love developing great software -- some of your proudest moments involve GitHub
- Be capable of prioritizing your work to adhere to a deliverable schedule and ensure successful delivery that exceeds expectations
- Be ready, able, and willing to jump onto a call with a partner or customer to help solve problems
- Have a strong eye for detail and quality of your code
- Not be afraid to dig into hard problems, and enjoy experimenting to come up with simple, elegant solutions
- Work with other teams in collaboration with technical design and code reviews.
What you bring to Uplight:
- A love of collaborative problem solving and a deep desire to be an excellent teammate
- You have experience working as a DevOps Engineer or with cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS and GCP.
- You have worked with configuration and provisioning software.
- You built continuous integration and deployment into Git-based version control and can easily adapt to tools and services that are integrated into those processes.
- You have worked with Kubernetes or other containerization tools and are able to support it throughout the entire development lifecycle of the team.
- Demonstrable experience with automating unit and functional tests and leading others in software development best practices
- Ability to deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering, or demonstrable industry experience
- Experience mentoring peers and leading technical teams through the decision making
- Enjoy collaborating with Product team members on new and exciting products
- Affinity for technology and how it can help you in your job
- High energy and aptitude for learning new things
- History of success in highly visible roles
- Experience in a technology company
- Have subject matter expertise in the areas of electric vehicles or new energy paradigms and how to develop solutions for this market
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 500+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focus on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and…. we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to Peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary range: $100,000 to $115,000 dependent on experience)
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws