Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history.Role Overview
As part of a hardworking and accomplished team of specialists, you will report to the Director of Aircraft Integration.. You will share in the team’s impact of development activities as we help business units achieve their mission! This position will directly impact the history of aerospace by bringing back supersonic flight to civilians. It will require your dedicated and detailed attention towards safe supersonic flight.On any given day you might:
- Working with multiple engineering and pilot teams
- Hold multidisciplinary review meetings as needed to clarify analysis goals.
- Provide guidelines in application of Human Factors (HF) requirements to equipment design during all stages of the design process, from concept definition through detailed design
- Collaborate on the coordination and development of facilities and/or technology to support simulation testing.
- Develop trade studies on system design concepts and present human factors recommendations to multidisciplinary design and leadership teams.
- Participate or lead design teams, as well as collaborate with avionics, other engineering groups, customer airline personnel, industry, regulators, and suppliers.
- Design, test, and certify the look, feel, and operational behavior of the flight deck, from the early conceptual phase, to supporting airplanes after entry into service.
- Create and supervise pilot workload assessments through measurement techniques such as rating scales, questionnaires, and flight technical error analysis.
- Generate estimates of procedural human error using task analysis and human error analysis methods.
- Apply structured quantitative or subjective methods to generate HF requirements and ensure human centered design and optimum usability in the operation, maintainability, and/or manufacturing of aircraft systems.
- Provide analysis of detailed design concepts to functional teams through the use of modeling techniques for reach and force requirements for a wide anthropometric range of individuals of a targeted population.
- Create flight test plans and reports, engineering reports and/or memos to substantiate compliance with human factors certification regulations.
- Create specific project milestones that can be integrated in the overall group product plan and schedule.
- B.S. degree in engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of ten years in Human Factors
- Aviation/aerospace experience is preferred
- Experience using a variety of avionics and flight control systems
- Experience with requirements management tools is an advantage (e.g. DOORS)
- Familiar with Dassault Systemes engineering and management tools
- Start to finish CFR Part 23/ Part 25 aircraft certification program
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Flying experience is an advantage (e.g. PPL, CPL, ATP)
- An FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) or candidate
- Experience in testing planning, execution, and reporting
- Experience and involvement with industry groups to develop consensus standards
- Experience with simulation software is an advantage (e.g. CATIA Human Builder, 3DSSPP, iData)
The Base Salary Range for this position is $0-$185,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.