Ibotta is seeking a Head of Architecture to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. The Head of Architecture will drive Ibotta’s technical strategy, current focus areas, and future roadmap. They will lead the Ibotta architecture team in its vision of accelerating technology teams while driving reasonable development & operational standards and best practices.
Architects at Ibotta are ‘Force Multipliers’ in enabling teams to accelerate strategy execution, solution development, and process improvements across Ibotta. The team provides guidance on a multitude of distributed, everyday, key decisions across the Ibotta landscape. The Head of Architecture, in addition to informing broader architecture strategies over time, will help the team focus on key initiatives and projects most impactful to the business.
Ibotta’s Architecture philosophy is driven by the belief that the best, long-term partnering model across the organization is to build collaborative, shoulder-to-shoulder relationships with both leaders and individual contributors across Ibotta, meeting teams where they are, and taking a pragmatic and iterative approach towards goals.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.What You Will Be Doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Collaborate effectively with Ibotta Technology teams across Data, Decision Science, Engineering, Infosecurity, and Product, Sales & Operations, as well as explore partnership opportunities across the broader organization
- Grow, evolve, and manage the Ibotta Architecture team; Actively coach and mentor our most senior technical contributors to continue to be force-multipliers in each of their domains
- Design a team structure and complementary procedures to ensure:
- Architects provide training, guidance, and support to their domain teams.
- Architectural designs and best practices discovered within domain teams are deployed across the entire department.
- Ensure that the architecture team continues to be an early participant in the software development cycle.
- Develop, maintain, and advocate a strategic technical roadmap that is aligned with Ibotta’s current and future needs. Ensure roadmaps are well-understood across the organization and that teams are working together to achieve it.
- Continue development and organizational utility of the Ibotta Well-Architected Framework principles
- Highlight tradeoffs between building new capabilities and paying down technical debt so the senior leadership can make better decisions.
- Accountable for Ibotta’s cloud and software architecture
- Direct architects to develop domain-specific technical roadmaps aligned with the Ibotta technical roadmap.
- Help define and drive reasonable development standards to ensure code is compliant with appropriate regulations (CCPA, PCI, NACHA, OWASP), secure, and consistent enough to allow developers to move between codebases with a minimal learning curve.
- Evangelize an architectural vision to technologists, senior Ibotta stakeholders, the company at large, and in the external community.
- Be an active participant in company strategic discussions.
- Ensure the architecture team has the people and skills necessary to be successful.
- A very seasoned (15+ years) technical leader with a combination of extensive technical expertise and team management experience with a demonstrated track record of steadily increasing scope and responsibilities in software development, architecture, and solution development/deployment
- 10+ years experience in a management role
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills and style for both technical and non-technical audiences
- A collaborative approach to problem solving
- A passion for teaching, mentorship, and getting the ultimate satisfaction from seeing those around them succeed
- Well-organized, resolute, and goal-oriented in terms of achieving objectives and key results while keeping the bigger organizational goals and successes in mind
- Comfort with fast paced environments, ability to adapt to changing environments, and lead amidst ambiguity
- Significant microservices & domain/event-based architecture experience
- Comfort working within a cloud-based infrastructure (including serverless!), ideally AWS
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.comAdditional Details:
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $190,000- $210,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.