GeoPython Developer, Geospatial Big Data Solutions at DigitalGlobe (Greater Denver Area, CO)
The GeoPython Developer is a key member of the Geospatial Big Data Solutions team. This role requires a range of technical engineering skills that exist at the intersection of geospatial analysis and computer science. We are looking for a candidate with proven capabilities in geospatial data analysis and Python development who can quickly and effectively create scripts to perform analysis that meets requirements for a variety of clients both within DigitalGlobe and external to the company. This role will interact closely with senior members of the Geospatial Big Data Solutions team to identify customer requirements, define technical characteristics of a solution, map out delivery timelines, and execute on development activities. This career position requires continuous development of technical skills to stay abreast with advances in geospatial data analysis technologies and methodologies.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the technical capabilities of DigitalGlobe Platform products including MapsAPI, GBDX (the Geospatial Big Data platform), Tomnod, and Spatial On Demand.
- Rapidly prototype custom solutions to stated market or customer problems using a range of software development skills.
- Implement production level code that is used by DigitalGlobe employees or DigitalGlobe customers to address geospatial analysis problems.
- Perform spatial analysis using DigitalGlobe technology and open source geospatial technologies
- Build spatial analysis tools and services and then integrate into existing workflows and/or a standing codebase (gbdxtools) to be used by the DigitalGlobe developer community.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Geography, or related areas
- Min of 2 years relevant and demonstrated experience using Python in data management, data analysis, and visualization.
- Min of 2 years relevant and demonstrated experience with geospatial analysis techniques, the principles of geographic information science, and performing spatial analysis in code.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to learn and master new skills quickly and independently
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team.
- Detail-oriented, excellent teamwork skills, willingness to learn, strong problem-solving skills, and adaptability to a rapidly changing work environment
- Knowledge of basic concepts in raster analysis/modeling and demonstrated experience in raster-based geospatial analysis
- Experience using advanced geospatial analysis techniques (e.g., spatial statistics, spatial aggregation/disaggregation techniques, point interpolation, etc.)
- Experience with spatial database technologies including Postgres and PostGIS.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with project or client management
DigitalGlobe offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.