Visible & You
At Visible, we’re building a new, entirely digital way to deliver mobile phone service to fit the needs of people who live their lives on their phones. With one simple price, we offer unlimited data, messages, and minutes, on America’s best 4G LTE network. Based in Denver, CO, we’re a team of passionate people imagining and building the future of mobile phone service, while creating a new culture and ways of doing business from ground up. No single day will feel the same, and change is the only constant. If you love all of that, plus the challenge of delivering the best experience to our customers in the simplest ways (and knowing that simple requires (and knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
We need people who love modern, responsive web page designs. We're looking for innovative engineers who are passionate about writing code and unafraid of solving big problems. You will bring creative ideas and energy to a team, take some risks, and challenge our thinking.
The position is for senior/lead level Full Stack Software Engineer. The candidate will be working as part of our team driving, designing, creating and maintaining components of our websites. The ideal candidate will possess an understanding of web development, utilizing languages such as HTML 5, React, angular JS, Java, Webpack, Node.js
- Lead and develop internal visible team and Partners to build the UI / UX and wireframes for the new company website in an Agile / DevOps environment.
- Provide expert level proficiency and direction on below Tech stack:
- HTML 5, React, angular JS, Java, Webpack, Node.js
- Track progress of multiple project plans/Sprints for Visible site.
- Review project approach framework and designs with engineering staff and Product team, analyze the feasibility on the approach, and identify potential risks/issues.
- Work and Coordinate with Product and Partners to create Level of Effort (LoE) estimates for all projects.
- Work with Product manager and UX team to assist and drive the “best in class”, intuitive, engaging and simple customer interaction for Web
- Work with Product and Digital Architect to drive customer journey for web experience
- Participate in UX research and usability
- Communicate project progress, status, risks, issues etc. to all levels of Management (Engineering and non-Engineering), up to and including Director and VP level as warranted. This includes providing status on a recurring basis as well as for special circumstances such as production disruptions.
- Ensure projects follow operating practices for Visible and enhance the processes as needed.
- Ensure the quality of the project meets Quality Assurance (QA) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) guidelines.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Expert level Full Stack development experience across HTML 5, React, Angular JS, Java, Webpack, Node.js
- At least 6+ years full stack/web development experience
- Demonstrated success in architecting new applications
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithms, design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Even better if you have:
- Computer Science degree/Masters preferred
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams and partners, including managing dependencies from internal / external partners
- Proven track record of delivery
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience delivering mobile applications with support across a wide range of devices/hardware
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, XP), OO modeling, web services, unit testing, code review, source control (git, subversion), UNIX, middleware and databases
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, performs work in a team environment, and relay necessary information as appropriate.
More about Visible
We are proud to work at a place free from discrimination. We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will create a better environment for our team and a better product for our members. Come join us at Visible and be part of changing the way mobile phone service works for everyone.